Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Management Specialist
Locations: Yola (Adamawa) and Maiduguri (Borno)
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract type: National contract
- DRC is seeking the services of a committed and competent Grants Management Specialist to join DRC’s Quality Assurance Unit. Interested persons will be reporting to the Quality Assurance Manager.
- The role of the GMS is to ensure that DRC is compliant with country grant management guidelines, lead on donor obligated reporting, and liaise with Support Services team on donor requested information.
The main duties and responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Grants management and compliance
- Gathering inputs from the team, and follow up, as per the reporting schedule
- Assist Programme Quality Assurance unit in conceptualising and facilitating the implementation of programme quality tools developed
- Assess and build the country office’s capacities to comply with DRC’s grant management guidelines
- Ensure country office compliance with grants management system (GMS)
- Assist country office in preparing, facilitating, and following up on grant meetings as well as in drafting, finalising, and sharing minimum set of documents required for grant meetings
- In close collaboration with programme and MEAL team, support documentation of lessons learnt, best practices and proven innovations in programme design, implementation, monitoring and reporting to improve programme design and implementation strategy
- Liaise with finance colleagues on budget follow up and expenditure levels of running grants
- Conduct or facilitate training for country or regional office, including but not limited to on logframes, proposal development, and/ or reporting
- Inductions of new colleagues
- Other tasks as identified by the Quality Assurance Manager
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- At least 2 years of grants management experience with an international NGO.
- Knowledge of donor rules, regulations, and procedures of donors including but not limited to US and European donors, EU funding mechanisms, and UN agencies.
- Proven experience in successfully applying for institutional donor funding.
- Proven experience in capacity building and training of national staff and partners.
- Full professional proficiency in English with the capacity to produce well-written products for formal reporting and communication
- Knowledge and fluency in Hausa and other languages used in northeast Nigeria
- A bachelor’s degree in international relations, project management, business administration, or similar studies relevant to the post is required. A master’s degree is desirable.
- Previous working experience with humanitarian agencies
- Prior experience with DRC grants system is strongly preferred.
- Experience working with displaced populations.
- Good understanding of the context in Northeast Nigeria
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with the Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigerian laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Deadline: 25th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.