Air Liquide – A world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health, Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 employees and serves more than 3.8 million customers and patients. Oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen are essential small molecules for life, matter and energy. They embody Air Liquide’s scientific territory and have been at the core of the company’s activities since its creation in 1902.
Air Liquide’s ambition is to be a leader in its industry, deliver long term performance and contribute to sustainability – with a strong commitment to climate change and energy transition at the heart of its strategy.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Procurement – West Coast
Reference ID: AE00114
Contract Type: Regular
Entity and Activity Description
- Air Liquide aims to deliver innovative gas solutions and technologies to a wide range of customers, driving their performance and helping them reduce their environmental impact. Everywhere, we always make sure that our solutions are safe, reliable, cost-effective and sustainable.
- The West Coast Sub Area (Ghana, Togo, Bénin, Nigeria) is a key market for Air Liquide’s operations and development on the African continent.
- Air Liquide has been in the region for over 50 years and employs more than 100 people today. It’s range of activities (industrial and medical gases and welding) supplies to the oil & gas, mining, automotive and fabrication, food and pharma markets, and also healthcare.
Mission & Role:
- The Sub Area Head Of Procurement for the area will be responsible for the procurement activities for this sub area.
- You will work with the various local sourcing specialists to ensure that the sourcing needs and requirements of the sub-region are met.
- The AMEI Hub procurement CoE will provide support with regards to Compliance, process & tools and business data analytics.
- 8+ years in procurement related experience
- 3+ years leading OR managing procurement activities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance/Economics
- Category & Sourcing Strategy
- Supplier Selection, Qualification & Relationship
- Negotiations & Contract Knowledge
- Performance & Process Management
- Financial Analysis
- Team Leadership
- Strong Result Orientation
- Strong commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial approach
- Ability to make cost-quality trade off and challenge the status quo
- Ability to drive data-driven decision making
- Influencing for Change
- Analysing and solving problems
- Anticipating and Dealing with Changing Environment
- Communicating with Impact
- Effectiveness in engaging and managing multiple stakeholders
- Comfortable working in a pressured environment with ambiguity and change
- Managing Personal Efficiency and Competing Priorities
- Lead the Procurement for the entities overseeing all activities related to Large Industries, Industrial Merchant, Electronics, Vitalaire and Healthcare.
- Lead and manage the Procurement Management activities for the geography and is accountable for the overall performance of the procurement team(s), including aspects related to inventory management.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with business stakeholders, providing a key point of contact, routinely assessing stakeholder satisfaction and developing improvement opportunities.
- Lead the delivery of delegated category sourcing, post-award supplier integration, market intelligence and analytical support to the supply market segment sourcing teams, ensuring these activities take place in accordance with Air Liquide’s policies and processes, defined governance and delegations of authority.
- Support and promotes decisions taken by the HUB Procurement team members, including Category Managers, as well as those taken by the Sourcing Specialists in their geography, and provides necessary insights to influence centrally-led and local strategy
- Holds a pivotal role between HUB procurement central team, Country/Cluster business leaders & local procurement teams, integrating various inputs & perspectives to build a common vision leading to aligned execution
- Contributes to the definition of Hub Procurement strategy and actions, ensuring adequate response to the needs of the operations in the Country
- Coordinates the procurement workforce located within the cluster in strong collaboration with Hub procurement management
- Acts as the ultimate Procurement escalation point for the Business at local level
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online