Relief Rescue Initiative (RRI) is a National Non-governmental organization, which is committed and active in community humanitarian and developmental projects with its presence in Borno and Adamwa states. The primary focus of RRI is on the improving and alleviating the problems of the less privileged, deprived, vulnerable group and people affected by armed conflicts in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Areas of focus includes; food security and livelihood, Nutrition, Protection, Education, Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Metal health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) achieved through the implementation of projects targeted at the community level especially on the most vulnerable members of the community.
In line with its focus, RRI will be implementing General Food Distributions (GFD) through In-kind and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Magumeri LGA of Borno State. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant (Female)
Employment Type: Contract
- Responsible for implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Responsible for managing the RRI people Solution
- Ensure that all recruitments at the Area Level are followed up from start till finish
- Support staff with the tools & procedures for performance management
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Timesheet, Pay slips
- Take the lead in vacancy announcements and longlisting of requested positions according to the approved organogram
- Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates.
- Providing recruitment support to HR field staff as the need arise
- Support with the Induction and on-boarding of RRI staff
- Implementing policies on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures and absence management.
- Prepare periodic HR reports.
- Maintain and keep records of all RRI staff timesheet
- Payslip preparation for RRI staff
- Leave administration for all staff
- Any other duty that will be assigned to the position.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- University Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management or relevant field
- Knowledge of the context in (North East)
- Knowledge of the local language (Kanuri & Hausa) – will be an added advantage
- Good communication & interpersonal skills is required
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Labor Law
- Programming will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the Humanitarian context.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their caregivers
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Understanding of Hausa and Kanuri is highly required.
Deadline: 30th June, 2021.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Position applied for as the subject of the mail.
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document / PDF, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.