Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Job ID: 2100042O
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team: Supply Chain
Reports to: Supply Chain Coordinator
Staff directly reporting to this post: Drivers and Warehouse Assistant as applicable.
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for managing drivers and warehouse staff, vehicle fleet, assets, warehousing and distribution to ensure effective, transparent and accountable logistics support to Save the Children program in the area of operation. Liaison with program teams to ensure adequate logistical consideration for coordination and planning of program implementation. Provides technical support and guidance to program teams on logistical elements of distribution & procurement planning.
Key Areas of Accountability
Transport & Fleet:
- Managing and tracking of all vehicles on the fleet, including movement planning and day-to-day allocation
- Manage, maintain and repair vehicles in safe and efficient working order
- Ensure that vehicles are checked on a daily basis, and that regular service and maintenance is carried out as per agreed schedule
- Responsible for administering litigations and traffic offenses.
- Ensure vehicles have current and lawful documentation.
- Manage service agreements related to vehicle maintenance and fuelling. Monitor fuel consumption and submit monthly reports
- Receive travel requests, and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Coordinate with incoming and outgoing travelers on pick up and drop times ensuring drivers are briefed of movement plans
- Ensure best value for money and that travelers are clearly informed well in advance
- Establish and maintain a list of contact details for preferred service providers including generator service and vehicle maintenance.
- Maintaining up-to-date control of all assets including tracking donor, value, and location, managing staff issue, and recording all asset movements and disposals
- Oversee the issuance and return of assets to/from staff
- Ensure good condition of assets, and maintain asset condition reports.
- Conduct monthly asset checks and share report with CO assets management focal person
- Conduct bi-annual physical verification of assets as required and share completed physical asset check report to CO as required.
- Ensure timely reporting of asset losses and damages using existing reporting templates.
Warehouse and Distribution:
- Enter all new items purchased in SCI TIM software and ensure reconciling with POs in ProSave.
- Manage and maintain the physical warehouse and TIM online warehouse.
- Ensure timely monthly spot check, quarterly and bi-annual stock check and reconciliation.
- Ensure all stock and assets purchased are entered in TIM and the Master Assets Register.
- Ensure all program stock are released through TIM and accompanied with a waybill to point of usage.
- Ensure BHs are informed about stock balances, expired, expiring SOF and other irregularities or discrepancy in TIM respectively.
- Participate in procurement and distribution planning meetings and provide sufficient logistics input in planning
- Support program teams with the distribution of program supplies to beneficiaries in line with SCI warehousing, inventory management and distribution guidelines.
- Ensure adherence to SCI Warehousing and Inventory Management Manual and Toolkit.
- Prepare and share warehouse stock reports with Program team on a monthly basis.
Administration & Reports:
- Maintain all logistic files in an organized, accurate and up to date manner
- Update Asset Register and send to country office every month.
- Update the vehicle cost schedule and produce regular vehicle performance and cost reports and send to country office once per month.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, code of conduct, fraud, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Work in close collaboration with the finance and administration departments to ensure effective operations and strong team spirit
- Line manage, coordinate, monitor and guide the work of the drivers, warehouse staff, casual laborers and any other logistics support by managing performance on an on-going basis
- Produce logistics site report, vehicle and generator cost performance report.
- Carry out any other tasks required by the line manager.
Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education – Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics and Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
- Professional qualification in Logistics and Transport Management an added advantage.
- Communication & Interpersonal Skill Level – Excellent
- Language Requirements – English – Excellent
- Level of IT Expertise Required – Good
- Desired Number of Years Prior Experience in a Similar Role – 2.
- Experience in procurement and logistics with INGO.
- Experience in a relatively insecure field based environment.
Skills & Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- high level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- holds self and others accountable
- creating best-in-class EA function
- future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- designing more effective admin systems
- willing to take disciplined risks
- honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Deadline: 17th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online