Role Model School is a Christian school founded in 2001 by Daystar Christian Centre. RMS comprises a Crèche, Playgroup, Reception, Nursery, and Primary classes. At Role Model School, we provide excellence in all areas of life. We value education and recognize it as the foundation and future of our nation. Therefore, we seek to provide the highest standard and develop each child’s potentials to the fullest.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Music Teacher
Locations: Oregun – Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Music Teacher will teach children the fundamental principles of music and musicianship skills, such as music theory and basic notation.
- To help children learn these principles, He/she will teach the children how to sing or play easily accessible instruments, such as drums, recorders, or saxophones.
- They may teach music in their own classrooms or travel to different classrooms throughout the day.
- In addition to teaching, the Music Teachers must also often direct school musicals or ensembles for public performance, help develop educational programs and collaborate with other teachers.
- General music teachers also try to recognize musical talent in their pupils in order to encourage them to undertake further musical studies, such as joining a school orchestra or band.
- Music teachers may sometimes take pupils for external performances performing musical performances
- Qualification: Minimum of bachelor’s degree in music education or any related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years work experience in a good School.
- Equivalent significant industry experience will be an added advantage.
- Comprehensive musical knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Good Teaching Skills
- Good organizational skills
- Motivate skills
- Teach pupils to find out the different instruments as they look
- Familiarize yourself with the basic concepts of music such as notes, pace, symphony, compositions, chords, scales, rhythm, etc.
- Instruct pupils to play different songs and recorder, jingle pianos, guitars, violins, and other instruments.
- Teach pupils how to coordinate songs with other musical instruments
- Prepare pupils to take part in contests by directing pupils to musical works
- Determine when the pupil will play the instrument that is turned off or not and help improve it.
- Teach pupils for music courses, including voices, tones, pace, and rhythm skills.
- Carry out classes in accordance with the rules and regulations of the school.
- Develop and maintain an effective music curriculum.
- Understand the potential and skills of each pupil and guide individual pupils according to their skills.
- Evaluate the performance of pupils and provide feedback and help to improve their musical skills.
- Retain lesson plans and study materials for pupils
- Recommend musical instrument maintenance and repair as needed.
- Maintain pupils’ behavioral standards to ensure a productive and disciplined environment during group experiments, practices and performances.
- Collaborate with school management to organize musical programs for civic tasks and school performances.
- Keep track of pupils in and outside classrooms.
- Keep track of pupils’ grading and attendance.
- Evaluate pupils’ development and ensure that s pupils complete their daily tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.