Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client, an International FMCG Company is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Seniority: Manager
Job Category: Marketing
- Adexen was mandated by an international FMCG company to recruit a Product Manager for their operations. The position is based in Lagos.
- To effectively communicate product benefits to all the relevant customers
- To reinforce and grow customer loyalty to Group’s products and ensure product launches
- To prepare and present marketing plan (strategy) per product on an annual basis
- To create and execute product tactical plans within specified time frames via the sales force and to measure quantitatively and qualitatively thereafter with appropriate KPIs and dashboards
- To plan and calendarize actions by cycle and by target in collaboration with the Head of Operation and Country Manager
- To prepare briefs to advertising agencies as and when required; to select the most effective campaign via market testing of concept and message
- Maintain key customer and opinion leader contact to maximize Group product performance in the respective field
- To define the customer chain analysis and analyze relationships/links between them
- Comply with relevant legislation, ethical standards and company policies.
- Contribute to achieve targets for sales, profit contribution and market penetration for an assigned product(s)
- To set budgets for and control allocated promotional expenditure for the product(s)
- Participate in building the new product launch procedure
- Establish appropriate market research programmes in order to validate key performance indicators and to determine new commercial opportunities.
- Liaise with relevant sales, market research and other functions to ensure that cross functional communication and implementation of action plans is of a high quality and that company goals are met
- To organize and facilitate coordination meetings with the Marketing Coordinators of the Operations to interface information from/to the field
- To maintain and improve product knowledge of the salesforce, sales managers and the marketing Coordinators and to continually update knowledge on the product, competitors
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Sales, Business or any relevant field of study
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- FMCG experience with at least 8 years of Brand / Product Management experience from recognised International Company.
- Good experience with formal brand planning processes with P&L forecasting/ structures.
- Cost management, pricing strategy, research based methodologies for commercial application.
- New product development experience
- In-depth knowledge of the FMCG industry and its distribution system
- Effective strategic planning abilities
- Ability to communicate commercial value of our products to target audience
- Willing and able to travel extensively
- Analytic & synthetic capacity
- Effective forecasting, budgeting skills
- Top negotiating skills
- Developing skills, training and enabling learning on the job
- Making decisions & driving necessary changes for performance
- Knowing how to deal with conflict
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online