At Omnibiz, we’re fully dedicated to supporting local businesses and helping them navigate the modern market.
Over 52,000 businesses across the FMCG industry have trusted us to provide them with the services and necessary tools to overcome contemporary challenges in the market place. Why? The answer is simple – they believe the same thing that we at Omnibiz believe: for the global economy to thrive, local businesses must be given the grounds to grow.
As our adventure evolves, we will continue to support local businesses, provide retailers with the necessary tools to thrive in today’s market, partner with industry stakeholders, and relentlessly pursue opportunities to help Africa’s economy grow.
Our work has only just begun and although the current results are encouraging, we also realize that the road ahead is long and full of challenges. Regardless, we are excited about the opportunities that exist, the pathways we are creating, and the businesses we are building relationships with.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Specialist – Retail
Employment Type: Full-time
We are looking for a Product Support Analyst to join our Retail Team on our journey to ensure continuous delivery of amazing experiences, by:
- Collaborating with cross-functional internal teams to understand and build operational processes that help to resolve complex issues and improve the customer experience.
- Communicating modifications to the existing products/new product offerings and innovation.
- Troubleshooting account issues, escalating issues to cross-functional teams when necessary.
- Being curious enough to spend an afternoon tracking down the right answer.
- Maintaining product lifecycle changes through accurate documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
We will rely on you to make sure the two-way feedback loop between Technology and Business teams is effective and that the product teams use customer insights during the product development process.
- Be an individual contributor and an expert in all our efforts towards the retailers’ experience – Demand and Supply
- Inform and deliver new strategies and tactics to improve users’ experience with Product Support.
- Work cross-functionally with Engineers and Product Managers, to advocate key areas for improvements for high-impact issues.
- Proactively find areas for improvement, be innovative in seeking the best solution, and execute in a timely and considered manner
- Continuously identify opportunities for simplicity and scalability.
- Develop and implement a continuous improvement methodology that will identify critical areas for improvement, identify optimal solutions, and implement improvement initiatives within the organization.
- Provide data-driven insights and feedback to enhance internal customer experiences.
- Liaise between business and product teams to get answers to escalated and tricky questions
- Track issues/bugs
What you’re bringing on board:
- Understanding of core business structures and processes, to enable improvement recommendation.
- Be familiar with agile software development and related tools.
- Ability to think like a Product user and be invested in users’ needs.
- Hands-on attitude, capable of dealing with constant change and being able to get things done in a timely and effective manner.
- A proactive mentality and desire to make an impact.
- Build strong relationships and connect with others easily
- Be empathetic and work to understand the perspective of the business teams – your customer
- A track record for developing and driving high-level support initiatives from the ground up
- Track and communicate new product introductions
- Conduct research and user interviews on feature updates/upgrades
- Analyze data on the impact of an application on the businesses
- Collect data to understand user behavior and improve business impact.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or relevant field.
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and goal-driven to run with individual projects to meet business needs
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and meet demanding deadlines.
- 2+ years of professional experience executing operational improvements in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good stakeholder management skills are highly required.
- Service-oriented focus and ability to work as part of a fast-paced, high-performance team.
- Equal Opportunity
- Exchange ideas and meet colleagues from different teams in our active squads.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online