Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Reports to: Project Director
- The Program Officer will assist in the implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation of the STAR project being implemented at the state level. This includes assisting with the development of work plans, liaising with FMOH staff, other partners and donors regarding implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Lead program coordination and monitor implementation at the state level
- Development, implementation and monitoring of work plan and budgets
- Coordinate technical assistance for program implementation
- Assist the technical staff in the design implementation, monitoring and assessment of activities.
- Write reports, annual work plans, project monitoring tracking matrices, target implementation plan and relevant reports as required.
- Work closely with technical and program staff to ensure quality implementation of programs and monitor state-level spending
- Assist in the development of new program approaches that are linked to related services
- Work with STAR consultants to implement training, services and programs
- Maintain partnerships on behalf of STAR with FMOH, NACA, NASCP, donors, and other partners.
- Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in public health, sociology, or related health, medical, or social science discipline.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 5+ years experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining donor relations
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building, and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Familiarity with Nigeria’s health systems and reporting structure and demonstrated ability to collaborate with government-level officials to strengthen program implementation
- Demonstrated ability in working and collaborating with a wide range of local and international partner organizations
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently to facilities across the state.
Deadline: 2nd July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: email@example.com using “Program Officer” as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as One Single Word document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer