Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
PUI has been implementing humanitarian activities in Nigeria since April 2016, supporting population with food security, nutrition, health and protection project in Maiduguri and Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Psychosocial (PSS) Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Start Date: 1st August, 2021
Contract End Date: 30th June, 2022 (renewable base on availability of funding)
- Under the direct supervision of the PSS Deputy Project Manager, the PSS Supervisor is responsible for developing and setting up activities to be conducted by the Psychosocial workers PSWs and Psychosocial Awareness Volunteers PAVs in Bolori II ward of Maiduguri.
- S / He will assist PWS and PAVS in implementing PSS activities in compliance with work plans, donor regulations and PUI policies
- S/he will provide the team with trainings and technical guidance while closely monitoring activities.
- S/ He will ensure that PSS principles are mainstreamed in all sectoral programs of PUI.
- S/he will play a key role in establishing/strengthening effective linkages between PUI, partners and and other stakeholders involved in the area of intervention as well as in setting up effective internal and external referral pathways.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design and lead the implementation of PSS activities at PUI-supported Health Facilities and Safe Spaces
- Ensure effective referral pathways according to the MHPSS intervention framework, ensurestrong internal communication and coordination with PUI Protection and Community Outreach, Health, Nutrition,and Food Security and Livelihood teams and liaise with other humanitarian agencies for external referrals
- Provide capacity-building to the PSS team, other PUI teams and partners
- Report immediately any difficulty or delay faced in the implementation of activities to his/herdirect line manager
- Cooperate with MEAL Department to conduct any MEAL related activities (such as surveys, field feedbacks, and lessons learnt exercise among others)-Uphold PUI code of conduct, and ensure that all persons of concern are treated with dignity and respect, in accordance with humanitarian principles
- Represent PUI at anytime and anywhere when s/he is in duty
- Ensure PSS guidelines are mainstreamedand integrated in all PUI sectoral programs
- Build and maintain relationships withexternal partners and the communit
- Responsible for all the PSS interventions and activities defined, s/he follows up on the master work plan together with the PSS Deputy Project Manager
- Supervise PSWs and ensure the timely implementation of their activities
- Ensure capacity-building of the team through trainings and technical guidance
- Support PSWs and in improving their performance
- Regularly appraise the performance of PSWs
- Routine field visits to monitor PSWs and PAVsactivities
- Continuously collect feedback from PSWs and ensure the communication to the PSS Deputy Project Manager
- Coordinate the work of PSWs: work plans, progress toward targets, and frequency of submitting collected data
- Ensure that PSWs and PAVs have the necessary information on the referral system and provided services and properly understand the activities to be implemented in the framework of the project
- Ensure that PSS team properly handles confidential information and that information collected by both PSWs and PAVs is reported and properly uploaded to the database
Logistic and Administration:
- Define the needs in materials and tools required to conduct training activities.
- Organize and coordinate training sessions: venue, attendees, and support materials
Reporting and Data Collection:
- Collect, analyze and store in a database information on identified protection cases from PSWs and report through proper documentation and referral system with regular follow-up
- Review the number of assessed individuals from both PSWs and PAVs to see the progress towards assigned target.
- Analyze data provided by PSWs and PAVs and propose solutions based on available resources.
- Document and report training sessions and feedback from participants.
- Responsible of compile and report to the direct superior data on a weekly, monthly, quarter and annual basis or upon request.
- Report on PSWs’ development and performance.
- Ensure proper completion and filling of all documentation (soft and hard as required) and ensure data protection protocols, confidentiality and do no harm principles are respected while reporting protection cases
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this vacancy announcement are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Ensure Proper Planning,Implementation And Monitoring Of daily Activities In Health Facilities, Safe Spaces And The Community In The Assigned Catchment Area Supported by Pui
- Ensure Quality data Management System (Collection And Utilizationof Data) In Liaison With MEAL on The New MHPSS information Management System
- Ensure Proper Implementation Of The Newly-Developed MHPSS intervention Framework
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Fluent in Hausa and English (Kanuri is a plus)
- University level in social science/development studies/political science or related field or certificate of secondary education with at least 2 years relevant experience in similar field
- Qualification in protection field will be an asset
- Proven experience working in NGOs.
- Knowledge and skills
- Experience in managing and mentoring teams
- Excellent communication (especially in public) and diplomacy skills to manage relationship in potentially tense situation
- Literacy in reporting
- Good knowledge of community outreach, community mobilization and protection
- Excellent experience in conducting trainings, awareness sessions and surveys/assessments
- Excellent knowledge of the MS office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Commitment to the NGO values and principles.
- Working in humanitarian relief, interest for social issues
- Transversals skills
- Knowledge of international legal instruments related to protection (IHL/IHRL), IDP guiding principles, SPHERE standards, protection mainstreaming.
- Knowledge or previous experience in Health and/or Nutrition is an asset.
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Conflict resolution and diplomacy skills
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Understanding of the political situation in the area
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements of the activities
- Well organized and hard worker
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 30th June, 2021.