Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving ICT Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Roving ICT Officer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Asset Management.
Direct Supervisor to the below:
- Doesn’t have a direct person to supervise
- Ensure all field offices have good and reliable internet connection.
- S/he will assist with computer maintenance, install equipment, and perform preventive maintenance and the troubleshooting of variety of hardware and software installations. Implement, configure, and maintain systems to meet program service and operational excellence requirements by maintaining a tracking sheet of IT works scheduled/active/completed by visiting all field offices.
- Conduct staff training on computer basics and the use of MS Office applications, SharePoint and networking.
- Identify equipment and accessories required for the smooth functioning of computers and IT equipment in MEDECINS DU MONDE offices. Facilitate the purchase of items through the Procurement Department.
- Assist in the identifying specification, relocation and assembly of any equipment including computers, printers, accessories, and satellite systems in all offices, as required depending on need.
- Ensure proper data protection management in all field offices.
- Support the field offices in tagging all the equipments/ Assets and keeping proper inventory records.
- Establish a clear, back-up modules for offices e and undertake the necessary steps for this activity including designing a schedule and materials list. Ensure back up and archives are made and stored as scheduled
- Maintain proper documentation of all IT equipment including, system profiles and warranties.
- Installing communication VHF radios on vehicles and field base communication systems
- Configuration of all the VHF radios in all field offices
- Conduct VHF radio communication trainings to field staff
- Maintenance and repair of the VHF radios.
- ICT related equipments reports and inventories.
Qualifications and Competence / Skills
- Undergraduate Degree (equivalent of a BA / BS) in Information Systems, Telecoms or related fields plus minimum 3 years of previous job experience in the ICT support.
- Knowledge of radio systems, LAN installation and support, messaging infrastructure.
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions;
- Ability to put up with job pressure;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of LAN configuration and network implementation.
- Knowledge of different satellite and terrestrial communications and network systems.
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Good level of English, written and spoken, mandatory
Deadline: 11th June, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one single attachment via email to: email@example.com using “Roving ICT Officer” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applications without the correct subject line stated above will not be treated.