Abike Global Contracting Limited, a general consulting services company is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor (Site QS)
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a skilled, reliable, efficient quantity surveyor. In this position, you will estimate the costs of construction projects, working with contractors, builders, and architects to provide the most cost-effective plans that meet high-quality standards.
- You must have strong organizational and communication skills in order to manage and direct development plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying, construction engineering, management, or related field
- 5 years of general construction estimating experience, financial experience, construction experience, or related field
- Most have Estate development experience
- Proficient in computer skills and Microsoft Office Suite
- Able to analyze financial records and apply data to improved results
- Strong aptitude for numbers, spreadsheets, and financial reports
- Experienced at compiling and following strict budgets; strong estimating and financial analysis skills
- In-depth understanding of construction, materials, pricing, and industry
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Review architectural plans and prepare quantity needs
- Estimate the quantity and costs of materials
- Prepare contracts and documents
- Set budgets for payments, inventory needs, and materials
- Analyze costs for maintenance and additional building needs
- Track changes in plans or constructions; update budgets
- Negotiate with contractors and subcontractors
- Identify potential financial or construction risks
- Advise clients on improvements, strategies, and/or estimated costs
- Document progress, materials, and reports on the project
- Advice on property taxes, regulations, and local laws
- Source maintenance costs and facilities management for clients
- Develop and maintain working relationships with contractors and subcontractors
- Utilize software to calculate, record, and track inventory and estimates
- Analyze completed projects to determine ROI and compare costs
Deadline: 28th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the Job Title as the subject of your mail.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.