Mastercard Foundation is a global foundation based across four hubs in Kigali, Rwanda, Nairobi, Kenya, Accra, Ghana and Toronto, Canada. Our programs promote financial inclusion and advance education and learning in Africa, primarily for young people, and in Canada for Indigenous youth. The Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. From inception, the Foundation was designed to be a separate entity and independent from Mastercard. Our policies, operations, and funding decisions are made by our President and Board of Directors.
The Foundation believes that youth employment is key to unlocking prosperity, both for youth and their societies. Enabling young women and men from disadvantaged communities to secure dignified and fulfilling work will ensure inclusive development and economic growth in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Technical Support Analyst
- Reporting to the Lead, Technology, the Technical Support Analyst will play a critical role as a lead technical resource responsible for supporting all technical matters at our Addis Ababa location.
- This individual will be responsible for responding to requests from staff, performing regular maintenance on network-connected devices and providing guidance and training for end-users.
- This individual will serve as a business partner to various functional areas of the Foundation and support the goals of departments through exceptional technology support.
- They will have the opportunity to influence network and infrastructure decisions related to the overall IT roadmap.
- They will also coordinate projects from planning to implementation phases with minimal supervision.
Ways You Can Contribute
- Provide technical support for staff (network connectivity, Office 365, conference rooms, printers, screens, phones, etc.).
- Perform application updates, security patches and configuration changes on network hardware, services and management tools.
- Work closely with the Lead, Technology to implement proactive approaches to monitoring and reporting on network services that maximize uptime, reliability and visibility.
- Support and monitor local vendors of IT systems, including network, laptops, telecom, wireless and supporting applications.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders to understand and anticipate issues, influence technology adoption, monitor staff satisfaction levels, and address issues and concerns.
- Monitor and report performance issues related to services provided by third parties.
- Monitor IT services to ensure their consistent, reliable and secure delivery through active monitoring of error logs and user-reported issues.
- Responsible for the overall healthy operation of technology in the offices.
- Remain current with trends, new developments and issues in the IT industry including innovation, current technologies, compliance, cyber risks and software, hardware and licensing costs.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma and/or certificate in IT-related fields.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting end-users, applications and hardware.
- Possesses an intermediate level of network and infrastructure expertise coupled with a high ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Demonstrates strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills in complex environments with an aptitude for diplomacy.
- Practical hands-on experience on workstations, printers, cellphones and audio-visual equipment.
- Exceptional analytic and troubleshooting skills for solving problems.
- Understands how emerging technologies and service providers can be utilized to improve existing systems and/or increase operational efficiency.
- A good understanding of the following Technologies: Windows 10 and Office 365, SharePoint.
- Demonstrable ability to provide end user support and work with a global team remotely.
- Results driven and motivated by a sense of performance excellence and a sense of urgency; possesses a proactive and ‘self-starter’ mentality.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and impeccable integrity that exemplify the Foundation’s values.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10% of the time.
Deadline: 7th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online