Solidarities International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization that provides aid and assistance to victims of war or natural disaster. For over 40 years the association has focused on meeting three vital needs – water, food, and shelter. SI is present in North-East Nigeria since 2016 and is currently operating in 4 bases across Borno State (Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala, and Dikwa) with outreach capacities across all BAY States through its emergency component. Currently, SI carries out emergency / post-emergency programs in the WASH sector in North-West Nigeria where limited actors are currently present.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: Projected Contract duration is 6 Months – with a possible extension.
- Store Management, participation in monitoring of stock utilization, management of the storage conditions, management of shipments and cargo reception.
- Apply Solidarites International stock management procedures;
- Identify the items entering and leaving and check the quality, quantity, and documentation;
- Report any problems with quality, quantity, or documentation immediately;
- Provide support to Stock and Freight Supervisor on update the Stock Follow-Up;
- Update any database upon request in the framework of storage management;
- Keep stocks forms stack cards, stock cards, etc. up to date.
Participate in Monitoring of Stock Utilization:
- Observe the space at the warehouse and report to the Stock and Freight Supervisor in case if the stock is not utilized rapidly;
- In case of the goods with expiration dates, ensure proper stock rotation. Advise Stock and Freight Supervisor whenever expiry dates are approaching (within 2 months);
- Carry out a monthly physical inventory of all items in stock and anytime upon request or convenience;
Manage the Storage Conditions:
- Check daily that the store is clean, organized, and is regularly ventilated;
- Ensure storage facilities are free from rats, rodents, and any other pests which may damage stock and report to Stock and Freight Supervisor in case of any pests’ issues;
- Plan for disposal of expired/ infected products in collaboration with the Stock and Freight Supervisor and program teams.
- Arrange stock in such a way that it’s easy to count and aisles are accessible;
- Pay special attention to dangerous goods;
Manage Shipments and Cargo:
- Receive and issue out the various dispatch documents i.e. Out of Stock, Delivery Notes, Donation and Loan Certificates, Loss Cards, etc. as per Solidarites procedures;
- Ensure budget holders personally conduct a physical review of any stock they have requested and sign the necessary documentation;
- Assist Stock and Freight Supervisor to supervise the process of loading and unloading, including casual worker requests, attendance sheets, and ensuring timely payment is made.
- Ensure that the Stock Report is updated with all information;
- Ensure that the Out of Stock, Delivery Notes, Donation and Loan Certificates, Loss Cards, etc. are archived properly.
- Studies: Interested candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree / HND / OND in Logistics, Warehouse Management, Purchasing or Supply Chain Management
- Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience in a similar position with other INGO
- Languages: English and Local Languages
- IT: Good Knowledge of MS Office Word, Power-Point, and advanced MS Office Excel knowledge.
- Quick learner, Ability to work autonomously, Excellent organizational skills, Flexibility to meet the deadline, Hard worker;
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
What We Offer
- Salary + food & housing contributions + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by the government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability), etc.
Deadline: 9th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Select Warehouse Assistant, fill the form, and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be named with your first name and surname.
- As the position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International (SI) reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the application closing date.