INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Data Officer
Location: Monguno, Borno
General-purpose of the Position
- Under the overall supervision of Ware House In-charge of the common Warehouse, The Warehouse Data Officer will be responsible for activities, assessment & analysis of data related implementation within the framework of the project plans, ensuring that they are delivered following INTERSOS standards.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
- Understands, implements, and/or maintains standard INTERSOS inventory management policies and procedure;
- Provides information and logistics Data/Statistics and quantitative information support to partners/program and warehouse staff where necessary;
- Responsible for data keeping/documentation at all times. Take lead in data tracking of all Warehouse/Logistics activities.
- Responsible for documentation of all receipt and dispatch (received notes/Delivery note/Stock transfer sheet/Waybills) are complete and archived in compliance with INTERSOS standards (scan documents and archive digital versions on the computer) BOTH SOFT AND HARD COPIES.
- Ensures the maintenance of Warehouse and any Logistics relevant document.
- Updates as per INTERSOS requirements, the asset register, Asset inventory list, and expendable store inventory list and produce timely reports as requested by the warehouse in charge.
- Normalizes and analyzes data as per request.
- Develops new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms.
- Puts together data of Partners contact list (MoU contact & actual contact)
- Prepares and deliver data for the preparation of weekly/monthly/midterm/final reports;
- Keeps and share the record of visitor: suggestions – comments – complains
- Maintains physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering update the Relief Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintains physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Filling of waybills, consignment reports, labourers’ pay sheet as well as any relevant document for proper record keeping and documentation.
- Takes minutes of internal/external meetings and keep the record.
- Archives everyday problems/challenges with the solutions given or suggested.
- Assists in developing the project data collection plan including monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Provides IT support and training to INTERSOS staff in field Bases;
- Performs Handovers and Troubleshooting of IT equipment as per instruction of IT department;
- Manages any network/software/ hardware provided by INTERSOS.
- Performs any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer science;
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Advance knowledge of MS Office.
- Advance knowledge in database management and data analysis.
- Knowledge of Project Cycle Management.
- Excellent networking skills, cultural sensitivity, and adaptability.
- A high degree of negotiation and strong communication skills with the ability to express ideas and concepts clearly and persuasively with senior members of the humanitarian community as well as with field practitioners.
- Ability to work with a reasonable level of comfort in high tension and high security risk situations.
- Good organizational skills Ability and willingness to travel across locations of implementation within LGA.
- Good command of written and spoken English, Kanuri and/or Hausa Language
Deadline: 21st June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Attach CV with the format “Surname and the Position you applied for”.
- Only candidates whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.