The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- The Accountant is responsible for the maintenance of the OPEC Fund’s chart of accounts and their balances, assisting with quarterly accounting closing and preparation of accurate and timely financial statements in conformity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) accounting principles.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts reconciliation, ensuring uniformity and consistency in recording and reporting transactions.
- Performs regular accounting closing and financial reporting activities.
- Act as subject matter expert for IFRS 9 practical application and work closely with internal stakeholders on provisioning related queries.
- Participate in the implementation of enhancement to existing and/or new IT financial systems.
- Participate in the review and regular update of accounting policies in line with IFRS.
- Monitors financial transactions ensuring compliance with internal regulations and controls.
- Supports the internal and external audit processes.
- Identifies and communicates process improvement opportunities in areas of accounting.
- Carries out other tasks assigned by the Senior Accountant or the Director, Financial Controls that are related to the job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Accounting and Control/ Business Administration, majoring in Accounting, Financial Management or other relevant fields.
- Recognized accounting certification such as CA or CPA.
- Minimum of five years relevant professional experience preferably in an international development financial lending institution.
- Knowledge and practical experience of IFRS9.
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of French, Arabic, German or Spanish is a plus.
- Familiar with SAP-FI R3 Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Great organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and manage deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Knowledge of financial instruments and the treatment under IFRS 9; understands the process for calculating provisions for impairments in general.
- Team player, with strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online