The Space is a contemporary coworking center that is home to productivity, innovation, co-creation and the stars of today and tomorrow. Located in the heart of Victoria Island, we take pride in our aesthetic ambience and top-notch functionality which allows for a seamless flow of your business activities. With private and shared office spaces, state of the art meeting rooms, and training station, we’ve got all your business needs covered at The Space; where innovation and productivity meet comfort.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chef De Partie
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Executive Chef is looking for a Chef De Partie to report to the Sous Chef and assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes.
- This role is for individuals who are passionate about personal and professional growth.
- Responsible to: Sous Chef
- Responsible for: Commis, interns
- Hours of Work: variable; currently 11am-11pm Monday off
- Liaises with: Back of house staff.
In this role the successful candidate would be expected to:
- Ensure all stocks are kept under optimum conditions.
- Ensure all mise-en-place is freshly prepared and on time.
- Ensure all dishes are prepared to the correct recipe and to the correct quantity.
- Ensure all dishes reach the passe correctly garnished, presented on the prescribed serving dish in the prescribed manner.
- Ensure his section is kept at all times.
- Ensure demi CDPs, Commis, interns receive the right training and optimum guidance.
- Ensure any anticipated shortages are communicated promptly to the sous or head chef.
- Ensure no horseplay is allowed in his/her section and that all staff under his/her control are treated fairly and with courtesy.
- Deputize in the sous chef’s absence and take charge of the kitchen when directed to do so.
- Attend trainings as and when required.
- Research and develop new dishes as requested by head chef
- Ensure all staff meals are served on time.
- Be sufficiently articulate
- Work flexible hours.
- Candidates should possess an NCE / OND / HND / Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years work experience.
Successful applicants in this role would typically have:
- The ability to work without supervision
- Strong flexibility and adaptability skills
- Ability to be proactive and take the initiative
- Interface with clients and HNIs.
- An excellent eye for detail and discrepancies
- Excellent time management skills
- Team player and team management qualities
- Strong prioritization and organization skills
- Ability to multitask
What’s in it for you?
You can expect:
- Attractive remuneration
- Opportunity to build a personal brand as an expert in your field.
Deadline: 11th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online