Gaps and Bridges is an impact organization committed to bridging the gaps between the truly underserved, vulnerable communities and corporate entities and philanthropists. Guided by the conviction and inspiration that every life is valuable, Gaps and Bridges provides the platform for businesses, philanthropists and organizations to contribute to the reduction of poverty in Africa.
We offer support for businesses to develop a responsive and inclusive system that promotes their corporate social responsibility goals in a way that is beneficial to them. We identify community needs and partner with businesses to alleviate the hardship of the people while also partnering with other stakeholders to challenge the root causes of poverty. At G&B, our interventions and projects are driven by the need, evidence and the commitment to make a transformational impact. Gaps and Bridges is currently undergoing registration in the UK and Nigeria as an impact organization.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Private Sector Engagement Intern
Location: Remote Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Internship
- The Communications and Private Sector Engagement Intern will be responsible for providing communications and private sector engagement support to the leadership of Gaps and Bridges.
Experience / Educational Qualifications Requirements
- B.Sc in Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or any other Arts / Social Science courses
- 1-3 years work experience.
- Computer literate in standard software applications
- Masters will be an advantage
- Previous experience in similar role will be an advantage.
- Excellent writing skills, as well as strong aptitude and communication skills
- Ability to take initiatives and multitask with minimum supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills – being able to listen and collaborate with others and able to proactively take initiatives
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Sensitive to cultural, gender, race, religion and nationality differences
- High standards of integrity, discretion and loyalty
- Effective time management and coordination
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and social media platforms
- Ability to design and update website will be an added advantage.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Provide support in coordinating communications activities
- Provide support in the implementation of Gaps and Bridges communications strategy
- Support publishing of stories and report of needs assessment findings
- Prepare relevant communication materials such as brochures, success stories, speeches, social media materials, etc.
- Develop online content (such as images, infographics, videos, blogs, etc) and campaigns on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, etc.
N40,000 – N50,000 / month.
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates candidates should send their CV and a Cover Letter to: email@example.com using “Communications and PSE Intern” as the subject of the email.
Note: Please note that late or incomplete applications will not be considered.