Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited was founded in Abuja in January, 2008. The hospital started as a mono specialty centre and was formerly known as Cedarcrest Orthopaedics Clinics Ltd. Within a few years the hospital expanded its scope of services and has become a leading private multi-specialty hospital. The core vision of the organization is to provide world class specialist healthcare services to patients in Nigeria and the West African sub region.
Cedarcrest Hospitals Limited currently has hospitals located in Abuja, Lagos and Niger with over one hundred (100) bed capacities without patient camps in several other cities across Nigeria. Our services and facilities span several specialties and include emergency / trauma centre, radiology diagnostic centre, prosthetic manufacturing plant, oxygen manufacturing plant, modular surgical operating theaters, gastrointestinal endoscopy suite and several other facilities that make for a modern multi-specialty hospital.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cook / Chef
Ref No: NL00004
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Reporting to the Matron, the Chef/Cook will be responsible for preparing meals for both patients and hospital staff. The incumbent is responsible for preparing nutritious meals for patients and hospital staff. As a Chef / Cook, you will be required to work with different kitchen appliances and tools.
- The activities of the Chef / Cook include; creating menus for inpatients and hospital staff, preparing meals for patients and hospital staff, serving inpatients and hospital staff, seeing to the cleanliness of the kitchen, and, washing dishes, pots, and other kitchen utensils.
- Plan menus that are varied, nutritionally balanced, and appetizing, taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
- Prepares meals according to menus, special dietary or nutritional restriction, and numbers of portions to be served.
- Prepares meals according to the dietary specifications of the patients as instructed by the Matron or Ward nurses.
- Makes adjustments to the menu to accommodate patients with allergies or specific diet concerns.
- Portions arrange and garnish the food to be served to patients or staff.
- Operates various kitchen appliances such as a blender, microwave, electric kettle, or sandwich machine.
- Cleans food preparation areas as determined by kitchen best practices and Hospital policy.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
- Makes requisition of food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances based on estimates of future needs.
- Take inventory of kitchen supplies and equipment.
- Responsible for washing pots, pans, dishes, utensils, and other cooking equipment.
- Responsible for storing food items appropriately and at the right temperature.
- Estimates expected food consumption and plan appropriately for the week.
- Compile and maintains records of food use and food purchases.
- Advice the Hospital on meal prices based on calculations of ingredient prices.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- SSCE. A diploma from a culinary school will be an added advantage.
- 1-2 years work experience.
- Proven experience as a cook.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods.
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to communicate in the English language.
- Ability to read and write in the English language.
- Knowledge in handling kitchen equipment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic computational skills.
- Employment is contingent on passing a medical screening conducted by the hospital
- Employee will be subject to various testing including but not limited to drug and medical testing throughout the tenure of their employment
- Knowledge of workflow processes..
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com using the Position Title and Code as the subject of their application.
Leave a Reply