Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country Tax Manager
Job Req ID: 21334084
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Finance
Job Family Group: Finance
Job Family: Tax
- Provide support to the Citi Country Finance Officer (CFO) to protect the Franchise and to ensure Citi is appropriately managing Tax related risks as it affects the business activities in the country.
- Proactively identify and resolve country tax issues, supporting the financial reporting, control and management of legal vehicles in compliance with legal, tax and regulatory requirements.
The Tax manager will coordinate, review, monitor or plan for each of the following:
- Oversight and management of all direct and indirect tax processes
- Management of all corporate tax requirements
- WHT offshore payments relating to profit remittance
- Managing tax governance, risks and controls and related controls
- Income tax accruals, Contingent tax reserves and Effective Tax Rate management
- Review and Assessment/notice orders negotiations
- Intercompany ICSAs review and sign-off including APS reconciliations
- Management of external tax consultants and Citi’s local relationship with the Revenue Authorities
- Management and escalation of tax audits, investigations and tax litigations etc.
- Review of Local tax law changes and implications (and inform senior management appropriately)
- Transfer pricing documentations and reconciliations
- Tax balance sheet accounts including deferred tax assets, FIN 48 reserves etc.
- Responsible for oversight over taxes that are applicable to the Bank.
- Ensure that the control environment remains safe and sound by liaising with Operational Risk Management (ORM), Compliance, Legal and the Regulatory Reporting Governance Committee (RRGC).
- Act as regulatory liaison by proactively dealing with the requirements of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Tax Authorities and regulators.
Academic Qualification / Other Requirements:
- Minimum of a First Degree or equivalent in any discipline
- Possession of ACA, ACCA, CFA or other relevant professional qualification or relevant higher degree required
- Minimum of 15 years post-graduation experience, of which 10 years ideally be within the banking sector with 3 years as SM with experience in at least three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- Analytical and Financial Skills: applicant must acquire an understanding of the Firm’s financials, balance sheet and income statement with ICG Institutional Client Group, ability to discern key drivers and risk/opportunities.
- Communication skills: will be interacting with senior management within Citi, on a variety of internally driven and function driven deliverables.
- Teamwork/Relationship Management: the position requires extensive teamwork, partnership and collaboration across Finance and other functions
- Working knowledge of banking products and business.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Good teamwork and project management skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Power point and word office software.
- Good Accounting and tax skills
- Financial Modeling and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online