Synapse Services is the largest provider of Private Mental Healthcare Service in West Africa. It is a member of the Intersect Consortium. The largest consortium of mental health related organizations in West Africa.
We provide patient centered care in a calm and serene environment with a robust mixture of Local and internationally trained professionals.
When life is more than you can bear mentally, be rest assured you will find hope, support, and treatment at Synapse Services.
We believe recovery is a journey not a destination and our multidisciplinary team is committed to supporting our clients in taking the first, usually most difficult, step and providing continuous support on the road to recovery.
With a team of compassionate and highly skilled Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Addiction Specialists, Occupational & Speech Therapists, and Psychiatric Nurses, we provide a range of therapeutic programs designed to suit individual needs.
We seek to recruit a suitably qualified candidate to join the team in the position below:
Job Title: Psychiatric Nurse
Locations: Port Harcourt, Rivers and Abuja
Reports to: Clinical Director
- The Psychiatric Nurse will work as part of a team of medical professionals to provide psychiatric nursing care to patients of all ages, gender, religion and disposition, while creating a safe and therapeutic environment to aid their mental stability.
- Responsible for overseeing the delivery of care to all patients delegating duties and monitoring junior staff carrying these out
- Assess all identified group of patients and new admissions to the Practice
- To ensure that identified care planning is implemented and evaluated for all patients especially those within their identified groups
- To ensure that care given is individualized, patient centered and in collaboration with the multidisciplinary team and other statutory and voluntary organizations as appropriate
- To orientate newly admitted patient on the principles, rules and regulations governing the unit at the point of admission and ensure that these rules are strictly adhered to by the patients
- To ensure that all the policies and admission documents are signed by the patient and their relations where applicable
- The Nurse will be involved in performing patient personal care duties, which would include washing, bathing and dressing using appropriate hoists and aids. Often uses equipment and clinical procedures requiring knowledge e.g. subcutaneous infusions, catheter care, wound care, pressure relieving equipment
- The Nurse will be able to conduct and interpret a Urine Drug Test for patients and clients and document the results appropriately
- Ensure that a Urine Drug Test is conducted for all patient on board at any point if there is a suspected case of smuggling of substance into the facility
- The Nurse would spend extensive parts of the shift in direct/indirect (overseeing and monitoring) patient care
- Also dedicate time during the shift writing clinical reports, and updating care plans. Also the Nurse will be expected to undertake supervision/performance appraisal of junior staff, as directed by the Head of Clinical Services
- To engage in pickup of new or old clients as required
- Observe assigned patients on a daily basis to identify, interpret, and document physical and emotional status and/or patterns, such as assaultive or suicidal behaviour, and response to treatment or medication.
- Inspect patient rooms every morning
- Check to ensure that the number of patients at handover tallies with the number at takeover given allowance for discharged cases in the course of the day.
- Inspect rooms to ensure air conditioner and lights are switched off when patients are not in room
- Ensure vital signs are taken 2 times a day
- Work with the support workers to see to the personal hygiene of patients in the morning
- Ensure the dining area is kept clean when not in use, ensure support worker/cook take the dishes to the kitchen immediately after every meal
- Administer psychotropic medications to patients, monitors use, and documents reactions; educate patients on the purpose, dosage, and side effects of medication, and explain the implications of patient’s refusal to take prescribed medication.
- Provide crisis intervention to those individuals experiencing acute episodes.
- Obtain medical, psychiatric, social, and family histories of new admissions; take and record vital signs; obtain lab specimens and assist physicians with physical exams
- Schedules and arranges for special tests; develops discharge plans; maintains charts and logs; performs catheterizations and enemas; and draws blood.
- Aid patients in obtaining proper medical care, after release or during hospitalization, by identifying community agencies and resources to assist patients with stabilization while living in the community.
- Interact with private medical facilities, courts, and Federal and State agencies to express concerns of the patient and to discuss treatment also when required, testify in court as to the patient’s mental and physical condition.
- When needed, acts as a team leader, on a rotational basis, for an assigned shift;
- plan, assign, and review the work of other regular nursing staff, student nurses, mental health technicians and support staff.
- To be able to deliver services and treatment in patient’s own environment whenever the need arises
- Ensure protected meal time is properly implemented
- Inspect patient food before taking it to patients for consumption
- Make Clinical presentations during clinical meetings and during business
- Ensure take home medications are well dispensed for patient going on weekend leave.
Requirements and Experience
- Must be a Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Must be medically and physically fit.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years work experience as a psychiatric nurse.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Explain mental health laws and regulations;
- Observe emotional and physical behavior;
- Evaluate and assess the need for mental health services;
- Analyze a situation and adopt a course of action;
- Prepare and maintain medical records and reports;
- Recognize and respect limits of confidential information;
- Direct and advise other nursing staff;
- Communicate with people of diverse socioeconomic and ethnic origins;
- Speak before groups;
- Exercise independent judgment in medical emergencies;
- Demonstrate tact, diplomacy, patience, and compassion;
- Establish and maintain working relationships with co-workers, other agencies, and organizations;
- Comply with nursing policies, protocols, and program regulations.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Plans financial, regulatory, compliance or operational reviews/audits.
- Coordinates work with Risk, Legal & Compliance and other control-related activities and with others within Internal Audit.
- Conducts financial risk assessments and identifies controls in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Ensure daily compliance on the internal and financial policies of the facility
- Do a daily call over on all expenses across all organizations and ensure that all postings are correctly done
- Takes routine stocks check and verify that records in the bin cards show true representation of stock on ground
- Ensure that costs are not over stated on all expenses.
- Ensure compliance on all regulatory policies.
- Ensure that internal control system is in place so as to control loss, theft and risk in the facility.
- Identifies any internal control gap and recommend measures for its improvement.
- Report to management all risk issues in accordance with auditing standards.
- Review the final accounts prepared by the accountant before the external audit reviews the account.
- Advices management on any internal control issue.
- Performs audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and interviewing techniques.
- Analyses and concludes on effectiveness and efficiency of control environment.
- Identifies control gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Documents the results of audit work in accordance with audit department and the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) standards.
- Prepares timely audit reports for executive management, the Audit Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assess, evaluate and promote compliance to internal policies.
- Contributes, as appropriate, in the year-end financial audit with the external auditor.
- Provides advice on internal control and participates in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within Synapse
- Researches new or technical subjects when required to support audits (e.g., OSFI Guidelines, market risk, financial instruments, etc.)
- Provide feedback on Accounting Procedures
Competencies / Attributes:
- Contributes to High Performing Teams – May include supervision of Accountant and account assistant on projects to follow, sound internal control practices and to manage financial risks appropriately.
- Acts as a Team Player – Collaborate and supporting colleagues and peers across the organization, while still being able to work independently when needed.
- Results Oriented – Meet deadlines on assignments, juggle multiple demands and to work with all types of individuals up to and including the CEO.
- Committed to Self-Development Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of healthcare financial business operations and risk-based auditing attained through 3 to 5 years of progressive work experience with a focus on financial risk and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent understanding of the standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) and ability to fully comply with IIA standards
- Ability to manage projects and, when required, work with the accountant to follow sound internal control practices and to manage risks appropriately.
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation.
Deliverables / Key Performance Indicator
- Monthly Report/ Advise on Return on investment of Synapse
- Continuous audit tests and their results Monthly
- Good number of managements agreed actions outstanding, putting emphasis on any overdue actions. This is related to the financial advice rendered by the internal Auditor.
- Policy and procedure breaches reported in the period – Weekly Report
- Emerging risks discovery- Forensic Auditing. Monthly Review
- Status of compliance test completion and report of any failures with their remediation plans
- Monthly Rich content of audit report based on proper research and analysis
- Above all customer satisfaction without compromising on objectivity
- Completed audit plans per year/period
- Business or revenue enhancement opportunities identified and proposed/ cost saving strategies.
- B.Sc. Business or Accounting.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Direct experience in Audit and Compliance required. Good knowledge in auditing and accounting practices.
- ACCA / ICAN / ACA / CIA / CISA.
- Minimum of 5 years proven work experience.
- Relevant certifications associated with the job position.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and influencing skills, ability to negotiate at all levels.
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- The ideal candidate will lead the Business team in executing business and marketing initiatives.
- Identify new business opportunities – including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, products, and services
- Building effective working relationships with community partners such as Psychiatrists, Treatment Centers, and other relevant stakeholders
- Establish partnerships with Government, Organized Private Sector, Manufacturing Companies, etc
- Develop a yearly business development plan & strategies for the organization
- Conduct research to identify new markets and customer needs
- Study Customer needs to properly direct sales efforts
- Have a good understanding of the business’s products and services and be able to advise clients about them
- Communicate new product & service developments to prospective clients
- Oversee the development of marketing literature
- Manage and retain relationships with existing clients
- Increase client base
- Plan and oversee new marketing initiative
- Write business proposals and reports
- Draft and review contracts
- Create Weekly & Monthly Reports
- Analyze Team performance against Set targets and goals
- Update relevant logs and meet up with record keeping requirements
- Design and develop strategies and plans
- Responsible for proposal writing, regularly prepare, review and submit commercial bids and proposals
- Prepare and make presentations to prospective clients and network to increase Olive Prime’s visibility
- Participate in conducting market research and analyze activities to ensure that the organization is competitive in the marketplace, on a local and national rating
- Suggest measures for improving customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Actively involved in identifying, recommending and generating new business opportunities, managing relationships with tactical partners in line with corporate goals.
Requirements and Experience
- HND or B.Sc. in Marketing or related field with proven work experience in Business Development Capacity
- Minimum of six (6) – eight (8) years’ experience in business development
- Knowledge of the behavioral Health Sector & Health care experience is desirable
- A Master’s Degree is desirable.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Excellent relationship management and business development skills
- Market Knowledge
- Sales focused and target driven
- Outstanding Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Excellent Content development and presentation skill
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Excellent organizational and Time management skills
- Strong work ethics with the target of delivering results.
Job Title: Business Development Officer
Location: Awka, Anambra
- Prospect for new clients by networking, cold calling, advertising or other means of generating interest from potential clients and ultimately convert them into clients;
- Dedicate a significant portion of work schedule going to various hospitals, ministries and institutions, dropping leaflets/proposals, and meeting with relevant personnel;
- Assist in developing and maintaining relationships with psychiatrist, psychologist and other allied mental healthcare professional, both inside and outside the hospital and among sector actors;
- Communicate, liaise regularly and build constructive referral relationships with all key stakeholders internally and externally: Consultants, Medical Practitioners, the corporate business development team, other healthcare professionals, and private health insurers as required;
- Identify innovative tactics, corresponding business plans and sustainable operations to drive revenue and volume growth while meeting the market’s needs;
- Develop and implement community workshops and seminars, with a bid to grow business;
- Conduct marketing research and analyse activities to ensure that the hospital is competitive in the marketplace, on a local and national rating.
- Increase Synapse Bed Occupancy
- Ensure monthly objectives listed in the marketing plan are accomplished; progress levels against objectives are measured and adjustments made;
- Take a lead role in proposal writing, regularly prepare, review and submit commercial bids and proposals;
- Market Synapse’s Services – Trainings (Stress Management, Counselling), Workshops, Rehabilitation, and Sale of Psychological service-related products (Urine Drug Testing, Stress Management Trainings, Workshops etcetera) to Universities, tertiary institutions, hospitals, ministries, government and private institutions;
- Prepare and make bi monthly presentations to prospective clients and network to increase Synapse’ visibility.
- Assist in managing existing clients and ensure they stay satisfied and positive;
- Provide support that will continually improve the existing relationship;
- Make recommendations to Management on services that meet, predict and mirrors current clients’ future needs;
- Ensure the continuous refinement of the service rendered by the Facility;
- Work extensively with the hospital’s leadership team, medical staff and across various clinical departments to ensure growth opportunities are identified, patient engagement is maximized, and obstacles to success are addressed and resolved.
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant course, a Master’s Degree would be an added advantage.
- Must be a resident of Awka
- Must have 2-3 years proven work experience as a Business Development officer
- Must be a goal getter
- Effectively work with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Interested Candidates, Females with relevant IT and social media experience are encouraged to apply.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications and CV to: email@example.com using Job Title as the subject of the email.