Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Centre Project Consultant (Technical)
- GVA Partners seeks the service of a highly skilled Data Centre Project Consultant (Technical).
- The successful candidate will be responsible for end-to-end design review, delivery commissioning, quality review, and acceptance of data centre construction projects.
- The DC Technical consultant should have the ability to manage any technical issues that do not comply with the specification and standards.
- The DC Technical consultant should have an in-depth understanding of various data centre solutions and construction.
- Review scope documents and evaluation criteria for engaging the relevant vendors to support with the Modern Data Centre build.
- Facilitate the review of the technical proposals from interested vendors with the aim of selecting the best candidate to deliver the objectives of the project.
- Ensure the design and implementation of the modern DCs meet the agreed topology of Tier 3 or 4 and other relevant considerations.
- Ability to read and understand power designs.
- Support the DC build activities.
- Evaluate that all equipment and build comply with technical specifications.
- Maintain liaison with various contractors and vendors in order to support the activities that affect the delivery of company’s critical facilities construction projects.
- Validate the project objectives, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of the company’s policies and expectations.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends and tools to provide best practice insight and best-in-class recommendations to management.
- Ensure that all components as well as their usage are consistent and in compliance with all applicable regulatory, division (IT, Network Group and Enterprise Business), and corporate standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Manage the overall site safety program as required and ensure vendor complies with relevant standards and all applicable safety codes and regulations.
- Establish and enhance a strong working relationship with strong internal teams and external customers, as required, to facilitate construction activities in conjunction with Project manager.
- Ensure schedule delivery, quality of work performed and adherence to budget of the project while working with Project manager.
Education / Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering with 10 years experience.
- Details of DC projects you have worked on and your involvement, responsibility.
- Minimum of 5 years practice in Data Center Consulting / Engineering Company.
- Minimum of 5 years experience involving large scale, complex Data Center projects, minimum 2 large scale (no less than 4 megawatts) Data Center projects design or build experience.
- Have good experience in Data centre project management. Be familiar with the construction and management process of each subsystem in data centre project.
- Be able to resolve various technical problems on the project site.
- Support the project so it can be delivered as scheduled.
- Project management and communication skills.
- Strong experience delivery of modern data centre from design through to build and deployment.
- Strong consulting skills with excellent commercial awareness and skills
- In-depth knowledge of the data Center facilities, including UPS supply system, HVAC system, Low Voltage system, fire suppression & detection system, etc.
- Possess a strong awareness of current and emerging industry standards including Uptime Institute, TIA 942 and local standard as well as vendors and technologies as they relate to the data centre facilities.
- Ability to read, understands, and interprets contract documents, drawing specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Have a proficient command of the construction technology, project management process, and project quality management experience.
- Have a solid technical background and have a deep understanding of the power distribution, UPS, air conditioner, environment monitoring, security system, and integrated cabling system in the project.
Other Competencies / Attributes:
- Good communication Skill (written and verbal).
- Excellent report writing and Presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team.
- Must be able to work in a structured manner.
- Developed problem solving abilities.
- Ability to multitask.
- Attention to details.
Deadline: 28th July, 2021.