Baobab is an investment company whose mission is to create a group of leading microfinance banks and finance companies that will provide financial services and savings products to entrepreneurs who lack access to the traditional financial sector. Baobab was created in July 2005 by PlaNet Finance, and other investors including International Finance Corporation, AXA Belgium, and Societe Generale, with the European Investment Bank, the French Development Agency and Developing World Markets Joining later.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Cost Controller
Employment Type: Full-time
Supervisor: Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer
Mission main Responsibilities
- Compare and review expenses with budget
- Follow up on expense approval and control the approval process
- Prepare monthly branch profitability report
- Act as the central contact point for preparation of budget.
- Prepare reports for investors
- Preparation of financials
- Advice on cost rationalisation measures
- Document and flowchart processes
- Investigate and analyse P&L, especially on the expense and petty cash.
- Weekly review of branch expenses and petty cash
- Weekly review of head office expenses and petty cash.
- Maintains weekly cash flows and prepare monthly cash flow projections.
- Developed and supervises MIS report.
- Other functions as assigned by CFO
Educational / Experience
- Higher University Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Project Management, Banking, Economics, Management and equivalent work experience.
- 3 – 4 years related experience.
- Managerial skills/Leadership skills
- Ability to analyse and summarise
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Interpersonal skills and teaching abilities
- Can work independently
- Negotiation Skills
- Excellent Knowledge of English (read, Written and spoken).
Deadline: 15th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of Mail (e.g Deputy Cost Controller).