Mighty Media Plus Network Limited (publisher of Qed.ng), a diverse communication company headquartered in Lagos, our mission is to be one of Nigeria’s foremost online providers of information and entertainment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Entertainment Writer
- We are looking for a bright and right-minded entertainment reporter to write for online news medium qed.ng.
- Collect, verify and analyse thoroughly newsworthy information
- Assemble findings into a stable story
- Write and deliver stories with the reader’s perspective in mind
- Stay up-to-date with the latest current events in the “beat” by monitoring social media, attending events and conducting interviews
- Abide by journalism’s ethics and codes.
- Minimum education required: OND
- Proven working experience as a reporter
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, WordPress, SEO, digital editing, web search, databases)
- Excellent communication and active listening skills
- Integrity and morality
- Residence around the Anthony/Maryland/Ikeja axis is an advantage.
- Portfolio of published articles
- Ability to gather, write and edit news
- Broad knowledge of headlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Please answer the following questions:
- Are you ready to work full-time?
- Are you willing to work weekends and public holidays?
- What is your highest educational qualification?
- Are you able to communicate very well (orally and in writing) in the English language?
- Why are you interested in this job?
- Is your knowledge of WordPress and SEO above beginner’s level?
- What kind of news interest you?
- Do you have any experience with entertainment reporting?
- How many stories can you write in a day?
- Mention two or three things you have done that are relevant to this position.
- How many years of relevant experience do you have?
- Can you provide sample of your work (e.g. link to an article or upload an attachment)?
- What is the best way to contact you?
- What are your Instagram and Twitter handles?
- Can you list 10 people you follow on social media?
- Can you tell us in 100-150 words why you are suitable for this position?
- When are you available to start?
- What is your salary expectation?
- Do you live close to Anthony in Lagos?
Application Deadline 31st July, 2021.