Gran Melia Hotel is a sumptuous hideaway set on a 10 plot land strategically positioned on the tranquil Lekki Peninsular. This hotel offers you the ultimate comfort and privacy. The cutting-edge design and high-tech facilities provide you with the ultimate paradise to unwind and relax in style.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Job Type: Full-time
- We are looking to hire an upbeat Front Desk Agent to assist with checking guests in an out of our establishment. The Front Desk Agent will assist guests with inquiries, problems and complaints. The Front Desk Agent will be responsible for receiving guests’ payments and for balancing cash at end of shift. You will be familiar with the hotel layout, be up to date with different tariffs and special offers, understand the in-house restaurant’s operation to facilitate guests’ dining reservations and to make recommendations, and be proficient with operating the switchboard.
- You will ensure keys are handed back on guests’ departure.
- To ensure success you will be professional and pleasant in challenging situations, and take responsibility for satisfaction of guests from arrival to departure.
- Preferred candidates will be positive, pro-active and be skilled at multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Greeting and thanking guests in a sincere, friendly manner.
- Checking guests in on arrival and out on departure.
- Posting charges to appropriate guest accounts.
- Anticipating and addressing guests’ needs, and resolving their problems and complaints.
- Assisting guests with disabilities.
- Operating switchboard and assisting with inquiries.
- Assisting the reservations manager with taking reservations.
- Collaborating and communicating with other internal departments to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Complying with company procedures and safety policies.
- Performing duties on daily checklist.
- High School Diploma or suitable equivalent.
- 3+ years Front Desk Agent experience preferred.
- Well-groomed, professional appearance.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player.
- Physically agile, and able to stand for extended periods.
- Available to work shifts, over weekends and on public holidays.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.