Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- The internship program in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the-job training in Financial management & reporting, program management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics.
- It enhances the educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
Dimensions of the Role
- Implementation of financial management processes, protocols and systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or HND in Financial Accounting or relevant professional qualifications equivalent.
- Completion of National Youth Service with less than 1-year working experience.
- Proven strong academic track record.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards.
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English.
- Internet proficiency, as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Strong communication skills: oral and written.
- Experience in use of SAP (Added advantage)
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Ability to carry strenuous office duties of lifting heavy items.
- Familiar with international donors.
Key End Results and typical Responsibilities
Accounting software operations and reporting:
- Prepare payment, journal and receipt vouchers using the corporate accounting software – SAP.
- To work for Plan International as a Finance intern with a strong grasp of accounting principles, employing skills in reconciling accounts payable schedules and effectively maintaining of financial records.
- Support program staff in making payments to participants during activities.
- Maintain good filing for all vouchers in their respective files to ensure easy retrieval.
- Ensure that all financial document is scanned and archived on PIN’S cloud.
- To assist with bookkeeping activities and ensure that every accounting transaction is accurate and there are no discrepancies.
- Support with preparation of Withholding tax, VAT, Pension and other statutory deduction schedules where relevant.
- Ensure that all NHF Cards are updated and ready on request.
- Perform any other duties as specified by your supervisor(s).
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice:
- Basic financial skills
- Possession of good report writing skills
- Passion for learning and development.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Deadline: 5th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online