FEDETH Microfinance Bank is a prestigious financial institution offering a broad range of financial services to micro, small and medium-sized enterprises, and other clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Financial Operations
Location: Central Business District, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles / Responsibilities
- Comply fully with the relevant Anti-Money Laundering regulations and report promptly any knowledge or sus picion of money laundering activities to the relevant authority.
- Coordinates with internal departments to ensure that daily work meets organisational standards.
- Liaises with superior to make decisions for operational activities and set strategic goals
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors/Bankers
- Translates the strategic goals into operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth
- Reconcile monthly activity, generating year-end reports, and submitting same to management
- Maintains archival and financial administrative files • Manage bank accounts to ensure sufficient liquid funds
- Ensure that accounting requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties
- Daily reconciliation of all internal ledgers to ensure accuracy
- Ensures timely resolution of all client’s complaints in line with agreed turnaround time
- Keeps records of all company’s fixed assets and ensuring industry standard is maintained
- Responds to requests to implement on a timely basis all internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Understand, manage, and supervise all aspects of cash flow.
- Forecast daily cash requirements and execute daily financing decisions.
- Manage all aspects of In-house investment portfolios.
- Manage long-term and short-term investment strategies.
- Determine the Company’s goals and risk tolerance.
- Determine the Company’s tax position and the applicability of taxable/non-taxable instruments.
- Assess risk/return trade-offs in transactions.
- Assess performance benchmarks and recommend changes when warranted.
- Review and recommend changes to the investment policies based on the market conditions.
- Manage relationships with financial service providers.
- Conduct benchmark studies of banks and their services to evaluate whether they meet ALC’s requirements.
- Evaluate alternative long-term borrowing strategies and make recommendations in accordance with the capital structure guidelines.
- Manage, direct, and develop Cash Management staff.
- Recommend, implement and maintain process improvements.
- Provide technical and other support for mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
- Prepare or monitor the company’s various cash flow forecasts and perform financial modeling.
- Evaluate, develop and implement cash management systems to optimize efficiencies.
- Understand and manage appropriate accountingprocedures and processes.
- Support and participate in the Organization’s Strategic Plan activities.
- Adheres to SLAs and communicating appropriately to internal clients.
- Ensures that all procedures and controls are fully documented, fit for purpose, appropriately communicated and adhered to.
- Ensures procedures are compliant with all relevant regulatory and legal considerations and the team is properly trained to carry out such responsibilities
- Understands, follow and demonstrate compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business.
- Oversees customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND and Master’s Degree qualification with 6 – 10 years relevant work experience.
Deadline: 28th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.