INEC Continuous Voter Registration Portal. As a New Voter, you can Pre-Register online, or as a Registered Voter, you can Review your Voter Registration, Request to Update your Information or Transfer your Voter Registration to another Polling Unit via INEC website https://cvr.inecnigeria.org/
The INEC portal allows a two-step registration process in which first, prospective registrants log in to pre-register by providing their basic biodata and some biometrics, and second to complete the registration by physically presenting themselves at a designated registration center of their choice.
This considerably eases the process as a substantial part of the exercise would have been completed online before physical contact with registration officials. I urge all eligible Nigerians to take advantage of the services offered by the Commission through this inec portal cvr.inecnigeria.org
The Registration exercise will be for the following categories of Nigerians:
- Those who are 18 years and above and have not registered previously.
- Registered voters who have had any problem during accreditation for any past election, with either their Permanent Voters’ Cards or their fingerprints not being read by the Smart Card Reader.
- Registered voters who want to transfer their voting location from one place to another.
- Registered voters who want to correct issues with their data, such as misspelt names, dates of birth, etc.
- Registered voters whose PVCs are lost or damaged.
The voters registration will last for almost one year.
The success of the exercise depends, to a considerable extent, on citizens’ awareness through voter education. There will be new registrants, requests for intra-state and inter-state transfers as well as the replacement of voters’ cards as provided by law.