Lindii Peace Foundation (LPF) is a Nonprofit Non-Governmental National Organization Established in Nigeria In July 2014 with the purpose of improving lives of people through effective and efficient humanitarian assistance within communities, and providing economic opportunities as well as providing emergency aid during Natural Disasters, War and other Conflicts in Nigeria.
In partnership with International and National Networking, LPF has provided humanitarian and developmental assistance to Iindividuals, families, schools and community in more than three (3) States in Nigeria regardless of their Ethnicity, Political and Religious Affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Hygiene Promotion Assistant
Location: Pulka, Borno
Job Type: Fixed Term
- The Hygiene Promotion will participate in hygiene campaigns, door to door hygiene promotion and Focus Group Discussion (FGD).
- He or she, will prepare clear and adapted written messages for the beneficiaries.
- He or she will distribute hygiene items and should be able to prepare hygiene promotion plans.
- The Hygiene Promotion Field Officer may support other WaSH activities as well.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identify the most appropriate message regarding the target population
- Write succinctly and understandable message
- Evaluate the necessary material needed for a campaign/activity
- Identify problems and provide sustainable changes of WASH Knowledge, Aptitudes and Practices to the local communities
- Mobilize the community to positive behavioral change towards hygiene practice. Creation and follow up WASH Committees and their performance in the Informal Settlements
- Convince all household of the importance of good hygiene practice
- Ensure the work is properly done with prudent use of material
- Participate in hygiene campaign, doing shows in schools and at community level
- Animate focus group, giving clear message on good hygiene practices
- Report the progress of the work to the supervisor
- Report possible problem or conflict during the activities
- Report the use of materials and possible improvement
- Data collection regarding the project and potential beneficiaries
- Regular reporting to Hygiene Promotion Supervisor
- Conduct household assessments
- Distribution of water and sanitation items
- Support other WaSH related activities
- Any other task assigns by supervisor/Head of Department.
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- Understanding of NGO principles and practices.
- Proficient in the use of Computer application
- Strong Organizational, Planning and Prioritization Skills
- Strong Interpersonal Relationship Skill
- Excellent Skills in Oral and Written Communications Both in English And Hausa Languages
- Ability to Work in A Multi-cultural Team Environment
- Knowledge or Experience in Any Store Program, Strong Quantitative and Qualitative
- Research Skills are Advantages.
Required Qualification and Experience
- Applicants must have a minimum of B.Sc / HND in Public Health, Sciences, Social Sciences, Education or related fields
- Minimum of 1 years Professional Experience.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice) Accountability:
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyze complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable.
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively.
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners.
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Designing more effective admin systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the LPF anti-harassment policy, Prevention from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Violence Against Children (VAC) Policy, Gender Based Violence (GBV) Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy as enshrined in LPF Code of Conduct.
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with LPF Health and Safety policies and procedures, and Environmental Policy.
- The Contract Duration Is 8 Months with possibility of extension.
Deadline: 30th July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume and Cover Letter as a single file to: HR@lindiipeacefoundation.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- For an Application to Be Valid, Responsive References / Referees Should Be Captured in Application with Full and Accessible Contact Information/details.
- Only Applicants Who Scale Through the Prerequisite Conditions Will Be Invited for Interview.