The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is an international enterprise owned by the German Federal government, operating in many fields across more than 130 countries.
In Nigeria, GIZ’s portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as weir as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Junior Technical Advisor
VA No: 063
Organization: GIZ Nigeria, Skills for Youth Employment in Nigeria (SKYE)
- The GIZ Programme “Skills for Youth Employment in Nigeria (SKYE)” supports the diversification of the economy in Nigeria through the promotion of demand oriented technical and agricultural vocational training and education (A/VET).
- Apart from the sectors agriculture and construction, the project is focusing mainly on the automotive, ICT and other sectors.
- The strategy of the project is to improve the synergy between measures on the demand side for employment (i.e. skilled persons that followed vocational qualification measures, formal and informal TVET and Agricultural-VET (ATVET) measures) with those of the employment supply side (i.e. promotion of a pro-employment environment in the private sector through e.g. job centers, job fairs, short-term training and internship programmes, etc.).
- The purpose is to develop the match-making between the supplyand demand of skilled labor force and hence to contribute to the decrease of youth unemployment in the country.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- The Junior Technical Advisor will work under the supervision of the Team Leader for the SKYE Lagos office and will support the development and implementation of measures to achieve the project objectives.
The Junior Technical Advisor will need to perform the following tasks:
- Draft concept notes, terms of reference, meeting agendas, minutes and reports for internal and external activities
- Support the management processes for consultants contracted (e.g. organize consultant visits, monitor progress, check on deliverables, coordinate with partners)
- Organize project activities in coordination with the team leader
- Support the process of developing TVET standards and curricula
- Prepare and deliver presentations and facilitate workshops as relevant for purposes both within and external to the project
- Travel within the regionand beyond as required to implement project activities (especially within Lagos and to Ogun as well as Edo state)
- Participate in project internal meetings and activities and provide support as may be requested and/or delegated
- Engage in coordinationand networking with other GIZ programmes, project partners and with other relevant stakeholders
- Support administrative tasks and processes (financial, logistical, contractual and other) as necessary for the effective and efficient implementation of the projectactivities
- Provide technical advice and support to the partners and other stakeholders as relevant on key thematic issues
- Support knowledge management processes within the project.
Required Qualifications, Competences and Experience
- University degree in Education, Political Science, Economics or other relevant field of study
- Minimum of 5 years’ general work experience in a Nigerian private sector and/or public sector institutions
- Work experience in one of the following subjects is an asset: development of vocational training standards, employment promotion, career guidance, employment promotion
- Experience in organizing and/or facilitating events is an asset
- Experience in applying research methods to conduct surveys is an asset
- International exposureand/or work experience in an international company/organization is an asset
- Proven excellent knowledge of the English language, both oral and written
- Exceptional analytical, conceptional and organizational skills
- Proven good working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office Package)
- Experience in addressingissues of gender equalityis an asset
- Resourceful and resilient and able to stay motivated in the face of setbacks or during periods of pressure
- Willingness to strengthen skills and competences as required by the task to be performed in line with measures agreed with the supervisor and management
- Willingness to travel to the field and other programmes offices in Nigeria
- Good communication skills
- A good team player who is willing to take on responsibility.
According to GIZ Nigeria Salary scale for Band 3.
Deadline: 20th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and One-page Cover Letter as one Document with complete Contact details to: email@example.com . Please include Vacancy no. 063 in mail subject.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- GIZ is an equal opportunities employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates, regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race and religion are encouraged to apply.