Montego Upstream Services Limited is an independent diversified natural resources company which was founded in 2010. The company’s line of business includes providing professional engineering services. We apply skill, market intelligence and entrepreneurial aptitude to everything we do. By being efficient, flexible and proactive, we add value for our customers and stakeholders. We act responsibly, focusing on the long-term and investing in assets, infrastructure and relationships. By employing local nationals, we build strong relationships with local communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer
Employment Type: Full Time
- Accurately interprete client needs for development of designs and scoping of projects.
- Develop engineering designs in line with international Codes & Standards / Regulatory Guidelines.
- Takes leading role in all detailed design and FEED studies
- Liaison with client discipline representatives to establish technical direction where not provided by codes and standards.
- Provide scope definition, estimation and progress control of all discipline engineering activities
- Planning of man hour budgets, schedules, manpower loadings and staffing requirements by skill and experience, to satisfy project requirements and direction given by the Engineering Manager.
- Liaison with other discipline Lead Engineers on technical issues and engineering matters
- Assist asset/client Lead Project Engineers in the definition of engineering outputs and timely production of deliverables.
- Co-ordination and preparation of input to essential multidiscipline documents as defined by client / contract.
- Develop procedures / work instructions for the discipline.
- Mentor less experienced Engineers, ensuring they acquire the required learning and exposure
- Provide required information throughout the lifecycle of a project, from proposal through implementation.
- Develop sizing information for equipment (compressors, pumps, heat exchangers, distillation columns, separators, reactors, etc.) and provide information in the form of equipment data sheets
- Provide technical expertise to the project execution team
- Support the Account Manager (when requested) in discussion of technical details with the Business Development team and/or client.
- Responsible for the implementation of the Quality Management System for continuous improvement and satisfaction of applicable regulatory and customer requirements.
Requisite Qualification And Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Engineering discipline, membership of Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) or COREN is essential.
- Must have at least 7 years work experience in a similar function. Must have up to 3 years’ experience leading other engineers.
Key Competence & Behavioural Expectations:
- Attention to detail
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Cost management
- Proficient in the use of relevant software
- Understanding of Oil & Gas processing modules and design requirements
- Programme and Project Management skills
- Effective Communication skills.
Job Title: Base Manager
- Represent the company in all operational matters in respect to the Port Harcourt site. Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient operation within the sphere of authority granted;
- Stimulate supervise, direct, and evaluate the performance of key operational personnel within the plant; protect the companies best interest at all times. Manage and optimize the functions of the base in support of all MONTEGO’s operations.
- Participate in budget preparation to ensure understanding of required levels of activity.
- Control cost of base functions by frequent cost analysis. Determine means of improving efficiency and reducing costs where possible.
- Initiate controls to ensure efficient application of base assets and personnel, to operational requirements.
- Ensure that spares and consumables usage are kept under reasonable control without affecting the efficiency of the operations or the quality of the maintenance.
- To lead through effective safety leadership by being personally responsible for administration and Implementation of the QHSEMS.
- To ensure a safe working environment without harm to persons or environment.
- To address QHSE issues at the time of their identification and ensure timely and accurate communication of events to CEO.
- Ensure that Client and company’s commitment to safety reaches all levels of the operation.
- Ensure compliance with company QHSE policies by all personnel.
- Carry out work assignments to the highest quality level in accordance with policies, roles and responsibilities.
- Ensure Waste Management Plan is adhered to.
- Assure that base assets and functions are adequate to meet the needs of operations.
- Support operations through effective utilization of workshop and support functions.
- Manage and oversee the utilization of resources across the zone, equipment and personnel, to minimize NPT (non-productive time).
- Oversee and direct logistics and assignments.
- Promote and market MONTEGO’s services, in line with the vision of the company.
- Maintain regular contact with operations staff by personally visiting rigs / yards.
- To take responsibility for overall staff to ensure a motivated, disciplined and productive workforce
- Appraise each direct report on a constant rolling feedback basis. Drive the appraisal process throughout the plant ensuring that performance is at optimal level.
- To agree and monitor key safety, financial, business process improvement and personal objectives, for each direct report.
- Provide supervision to all personnel, to ensure a safe and professional level of performance and ensure that the team stays current with changes in industry technology.
- Ensure that training programs are maintained in line with training matrix organization for all support personnel.
- Recommend competency based promotions, salary changes, transfers, disciplinary measures where identified.
- Take immediate action on performance improvement issues and leave a direct response culture (positive and negative) to the employee; secure a prompt feedback.
- Organize plant operations by delegating authority and responsibility
- Ensure all work is performed within the requirements and guidance of the company’s operational processes.
- Initiate and monitor all major maintenance and repair work, in collaboration with the Administrative Department.
- Must ensure fast and detailed reporting in writing of any problems occurring at the plant.
- To instigate, drive and take ultimate responsibility for continuous improvement initiatives to ensure that the internal processes, meet business needs.
Customer / Public Relations:
- Develop and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Promote good communication with client representatives and make sure misunderstanding or bad communication, does not develop within the workforce.
- Promote good Community relations
- Any other delegated responsibilities, as instructed by Management, within the time-frame specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Business, Engineering or any related Degree
- Capacity to understand new technology
- Computer literacy required
- A minimum of 5 years upstream oilfield experience
Deadline: 25th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.