Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organization registered in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria, and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SOSF, Career Program Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The SOSF Careers program will offer preparatory support and guidance to students in tertiary institutions in accessing their chosen career interests.
- This will be through access to online courses, career simulation games/exercises, professional development training, networking events, CV and cover letter drafting skills, mock interview skills sessions and technical and soft skills training.
- This program will also aid in placing the participants in internships shadowing opportunities and insight days in various industries to develop the participants’ commercial awareness and competence skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Program Support Officer oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Skills Outside School Foundations’ Careers Program including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling the program activities.
- The PSO will primarily plan, execute, monitor and evaluate the Careers Program.
- The PSO will also manage the liaison with the relevant Stakeholders and ensure the smooth execution of the careers program in line with the framework.
- The Program Support Officer will perform a wide range of duties as outlined below:
Plan the Program:
- Develop integrated program management plan – communication, stakeholder relation, personnel, budget, risk assessment, work plan, etc.
- Plan the delivery of program components in accordance with the integrated program management plan.
- Develop a logical framework.
- Source trainers and relevant partner organizations.
- Populate program materials and documentation for deployment on the learning management system.
- Map out partner tertiary institutions for rollout.
- Conduct relevant research and feasibility studies as required to develop an integrated program management plan and update assumptions.
Research and Data Gathering:
- Researching education-collating career and labour market information.
- Organize the program:
- Provide reports to the Senior Programs Manager
- Create and maintain the program management calendar/schedule and file all program documents.
- Coordinate and manage the Workshops, events, programs, sessions as required.
- Maintain a relationship with the institutions, relevant government agencies, ministries and parastatals, corporate organizations, grant-making bodies.
- Secure relevant funding through interactions with donors, grant-making organizations, etc.
Market the Programs Services:
- Procure and recruit advisors and consultants as required.
- Maintain a grants calendar and complete grant applications as required.
- Update the program evaluation framework.
- Control the Program:
- Monitor and approve all budgeted program expenditures.
- Work with Finance Officer to manage the disbursement of funds for all program activities and other general administrative functions of the Foundation.
- Submit relevant expenses memos e.g. for stipends etc. timely.
- Negotiate and Document High-Value contracts and manage contract deliverables.
- Interested candidates should possess a Master’s Degree / BSc / HND / NCE
- At least 1 – 3 years of work experience.
The Program Officer should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensure that own behaviour and the
- behaviour of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization particularly with current partners and sponsors; Command a professional image.
- Knowledge of program management.
- Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner including by phone with several stakeholders; Articulate the foundations’ mission, program objectives with existing partners – organisations and schools.
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the organization and to create new opportunities.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization; Proactively take actions necessary to produce results and able to work independently/with little guidance.
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor the progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities; Strong time management skills.
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans,and evaluate the process and results.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and program management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of programs and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficiency in the use of computers for: Word processing Simple accounting Databases Spreadsheets E-mail Internet Google Docs, Sky Drive, DropBox.
Job Title: Headstart E-Learning Program Assistant
Reporting Relationship: Headstart Program Officer
About the Online Skill up for Business
- The Online Skill Up for Business is an Online Program (on Udemy and other Learning management platforms) for entrepreneurs to conceptualize, start or grow businesses through immersive individual and peer-to-peer learning, using our curated content delivered by experienced instructors, business challenges with prizes to support their businesses.
The Program Assistant will:
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals
- Support growth and program development.
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices.
- Research and produce content for the online skill up for business.
- Execute strategies and plans for the program that promote the overall organization’s strategic initiatives.
- Serve as the registrar for the Online Program.
- Handle all online students’ inquiries regarding classes, enrollment, financial aid/student accounts, etc.
- Collaborate with the Headstart Program Officer and the Skills Outside School Foundation Team regarding methods, technology, and administrative services.
- Expect and mitigate academic issues as they develop.
- Collect, organize, and track all documentation associated with the assessment of online instruction.
- Proactively source funding opportunities.
- Act as desk resolution and information centre for the platform.
- Resolve issues on Slack and Collab Lounge.
- Add new members and remove members from the platforms.
- Track and manage subscriptions.
- Manage data analytics.
- Track completion of registration forms; document and analyze them.
- Track completion of courses, evaluation forms and learning log.
- Review learning log to identify issues and data for M&E.
- Manage marketing of online skill up for business working closely with the media and communications team.
- Source new students.
- Research and recommend additions to the platform content and functionalities.
- Manage, organize and evaluate training, pitches and other activities.
- Communicate with mentors, trainers, judges, investors and other stakeholders.
- Manage mentor and mentee pairing.
- Ensure constant uptime of platforms and user satisfaction.
- A degree in Business Administration, marketing, program/ project management and other relevant degrees.
- 1 year of Program Management Experience.
- Marketing and Media Skills
- Thorough proficiency in ICT.
- A keen eye for details.
- Demonstrated ingenious creativity.
- The ability to Lead and be proactive is very desirable.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and project management skills: demonstrated ability to take responsibility for a diverse number of projects and to complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision.
- Proficiency with the use of Trello and Learning Management Systems.
Deadline: 7th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.