The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistic Officer
Requisition ID: req19061
Location: Monguno, Borno
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the IRC’s fleet, warehouse, and assets in the Monguno base office.
- The position will directly supervise a storekeeper and drivers.
- Be accountable for periodic cycle count as per the standard operating procedure to ensure that the stock management system is adhered to by the staff/storekeepers.
- Lead in conducting fiscal year-end stock inventories and ensure that effective stock inventory report is produced for Monguno base.
- Assist programs to establish and implement a reliable stock distribution plan to avoid closed grants or expired items in the warehouses.
- Provide ongoing training and support to base warehouse staff/Storekeepers in their relevant functions and reporting.
- Oversee warehouse operations in Monguno ensuring proper stock-keeping records, storage conditions, security, and facility maintenance.
- provide support to warehouse staff as required in managing and documenting the receipt, handling, storage, dispatching, and reporting of goods through the IRC warehouse(s).
- Finalize monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances for Monguno base.
- Maintain records/authorizations for warehouse staff designated to receive and dispatch goods.
- Ensure warehouse and stocks are secure, professionally managed, and documented.
- Ensure proper tracking, maintenance, and recording of all IRC assets in Monguno Base, which will lead to an accurate asset database at all times.
- Ensure that each staff member in Monguno is accountable for every asset assigned to them through the use of the Equipment Issue / Receipt forms.
- Implement maintenance systems and procedures for assets, including follow-up.
- Ensure quarterly physical check of assets and submission of asset reports to assets officer and logistics manager for review.
- Liaise with assets officer & logistics manager to recommend disposal of assets in Monguno is reviewed and implemented annually as per IRC and donor requirements regulations.
Fleet and Transport Management:
- Oversee the management of the transport fleet & generators for Monguno base.
- Ensure that vehicles are allocated to program/departments in an efficient manner and in coordination with Program teams and Base Manager.
- Ensure that systems are in place to account for transported goods.
- Prepare monthly reports on Fuel Usage, Mileage, and spares expenditures by vehicle& generators for review, general reporting, and analysis for continuous improvement.
- Ensure management, tracking, maintenance, and reporting of all IRC vehicles & generators in Monguno according to IRC policy.
- Any other duties or tasks delegated by his/her supervisor.
- Responsible for compiling regular reports from Monguno base on inventory stock levels, pharmaceutical stock levels, assets, and fuel consumption on a weekly & monthly basis
- Responsible for compiling regular reports from Monguno regarding Contributions-in-Kind.
- Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to Senior Area Manager – Monguno
- Position directly supervises Storekeeper, Drivers (IRC and Rental).
- Indirect Reporting: Logistics Manager.
- Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Monguno: Operations team and Program teams
- LGA level logistics clusters, transport vendors, and Local government authorities.
- Education: B.Sc Degree / HND in Supply Chain, Business Management or related field.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 3 years experience in logistics-related roles preferable in an INGO setting.
- Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Team spirit and problem-solving skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Possess leadership qualities and willing to exercise initiative.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Fluently speak and write English language clearly (Hausa/Kanuri is an added advantage).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.