The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: National (1-year renewable contract)
The successful candidates will among other things perform the following duties:
- Design the project’s M&E framework/plan, based on current project information and adding Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) when and if necessary, to track progress and achievements in line with the IFAD guidelines and from a gender lens.
- Develop the overall M&E framework for the project, including but not limited to logic model (Theory of Change, Result-based logical framework), Baseline, Performance Indicators Tracking Table, Project Performance Monitoring Plan, Communication plan, Feedback Response Mechanism, Summary of Evaluation Table.
- Develop methods and tools for the data collection including real-time data collection using electronic devices where possible, and remotely support the rollout of the plan.
- Contribute to the development of project work plan and update in accordance with project activities and timeframes.
- Coordinate the compilation of information for the preparation of narrative progress reports, implementation reports, and other substantive reports as required.
- Supervise and monitor developed enterprises- by providing regular analysis of the agribusinesses alongside the hub managers.
- Develop, conduct baseline, and generate data for each of the project components and for all the indicators, collect data on a regular basis and maintain the M&E database.
- Manage databases and use SPSS / STATA for analysis of information to assess the progress of a project.
- Organize and participate in M&E-related events arising during the project and provide advice to the coordinator on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Generate program information and dashboards for tracking and depicting progress on activities and strategy implementation against targets and key milestones.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- B.Sc / HND in Agricultural Economics, Social Sciences or related field with minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment or donor funded organization.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be a proficient user of computer software packages related to database management and data analysis.
- Have ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages.
- Have strong experience using ONA / ODK for data collection and, quantitative / qualitative analytical techniques.
- Have strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have strong coordination, organizational and strong analytical skills.
- Have strong experience in writing reports and intercultural communication skills.
- Have strong experience working with theory of change, logical framework design, performance indicator selection and results-based planning approaches.
- Have strong experience developing web-based M&E systems.
- Have experience working with scientists and conducting household surveys and impact evaluation studies
- Ability to use basic packages such as Excel, PPT and other statistical packages
- We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 11th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women.
- While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Leave a Reply