Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs of improving Sexual and Reproductive Health, Care and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, etc. We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We are recruiting qualified candidates for the on-going USAID funded OVC project (Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award) within the capacity below:
Job Title: Program Officer – HES / Social Services
Location: Benin, Edo
- We are recruiting for the on-going USAID funded OVC project: Integrated Child Health and Social Services Award in Edo State.
- The candidate will be based in Benin under overall supervision of the Chief of Party.
- A Degree in Economics, Social Sciences or related disciplines with at least 3 years cognate experience, which must include at least 2 years in Household Economic Strengthening of Vulnerable Families and financial literacy activities.
- Also, preferred are knowledge of health programs within the Nigeria public sector, health system, NGOs/CBOs and collaborative relationship and liaison with community leaders.
- An MPH is added advantage.
- Familiarity with local tradition and language is highly desirable.
- The Program Officer – HES / Social Services will report to the State Program Coordinator and will assist in programming for Vulnerable Children, and their Families through Household economic strengthening activities, Graduation/Transitioning of eligible enrollees and establishing public- private partnership (PPP).
- Fashion out market oriented strategies to ensure sustainability of livelihood gains, including: private sector demand-driven job creation, enterprise development, financial education, value chain linkages and appropriate savings, VSLA, credit & insurance services for various age groups.
- He/she will also assist in ensuring that all project activities in project state meet effective programming standards and best practices established by ARFH, USAID PEPFAR and the Nigerian Government especially the Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
- He/she will assist in strengthening technical capacity of CBOs, LGAs and State in OVC programming, service provision and governance as well as provide guidance on referrals for the uptake of services and participate actively in referral coordination meetings.
- 100% of his/her time per annum is chargeable to the project.
We offer professional opportunities for career advancement, good working environment and competitive remuneration.
Deadline: Thursday 5th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should complete the online form below and send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MS Word document), explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as 3 professional referees.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).