CcHUB is Nigeria’s first open living lab and pre-incubation space being designed to be a multi-functional, multi-purpose space where work to catalyze creative social tech ventures take place. The HUB is a place for technologists, social entrepreneurs, government, tech companies, impact investors and hackers in and around Lagos to co-create new solutions to the many social problems in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- This is an exciting opportunity to develop, manage and advise on projects, partnerships and activities to deliver against a creative economy ecosystem development strategy. The selected candidate will support the development of a core area of a Creative Economy portfolio working with sector stakeholders, and communities.
- You will manage various stakeholders across Africa and internationally and contribute to fundraising efforts to scale up programming.
- The Programme Manager (PM) will be responsible for the design, planning, contracting, implementation, and close-out of a portfolio of activities linked to Creative Economy ecosystem development in Africa.
- The PM will work in close collaboration with the Unit Head and stakeholders to identify, prioritize, and design activities that will respond to the creative economy priorities in order to further the objectives of the practice.
- Project manage planning, schedules and budgets for agreed activities to ensure that all tasks are completed within timeframe and budget parameters defined during project design.
- The PM will serve as the main point of contact for internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all activities fit within a strategic and applicable portfolio.
- Interface with other units in the organisation (Finance, Communications, Design) to deliver agreed programmes.
- Participating in donor and grant application processes including design, submission and review.
- Provide progress reports on programmes to key officers for prompt decision-making.
Relationship and Stakeholder Management:
- Create a framework that guides engagement between the unit and the various levels of stakeholders; the PM must be able to maintain good relations with all associated parties.
- Proactively identify and pursue opportunities for developing new physical and digital audiences for delivery of the units’ projects in Africa.
- Identify thematic priorities that align with partner interests and develop standardised concept notes for pitching to multiple partners.
- Curate relevant activities, stakeholders, events and workshops that will drive innovation in the selected thematic areas.
Communication and Evaluation:
- Work with the Community Manager and Communications Unit to develop and manage digital marketing and audience development campaigns including but not limited to social media platforms.
- Provide content to the Communications Unit for communications materials for distribution internally and externally.
- Ensure the evaluation strategy for each project is implemented in accordance with program standards and to report likely variations from target.
Do apply if you have a keen understanding of:
- How Creative Economy Value Chains work and current barriers and opportunities within this in an African content
- Programme design and related tools for example relating to financial management and reporting, evaluation, contract management etc
- Job creation and livelihood development strategies in an African context
The Ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- At least 7 years experience designing, and leading delivery of incubation, acceleration or capacity building programmes focused on artistic, entrepreneurship, digital or technical skills within the Creative Economy in Africa.
- Strong networks across at least one major African market for Creative Economy although experience across multiple markets is preferred.
- Experience working with international donors/ on international donor funded projects.
- Relationship management with senior stakeholders in partner / donor organisations and in government.
- Degree Level or Equivalent in Economics, Management, or related discipline
- Project Management qualification is desirable.
- Experience supporting ecosystem development either in a specific sector within, or across the Creative Economy in a formal /corporate context.
- Creativity skills in developing programs and methods for engaging an audience toward the success of the unit.
- The role can be based anywhere in Africa although Lagos, Nairobi or Kigali are preferred.
What We Offer
- Paid time off
- Healthcare coverage
- A highly collaborative team environment that will support your professional and personal growth
- Work alongside great talent.
- A culture of learning and innovation.
- Opportunities for career growth and training.
- Interaction with industry leaders and forward-thinking people.
- A chance to make a social difference.
- Overall fun company.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online