Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organizations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health / Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors. SFH offers professional opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill the under listed vacant positions, in response to our organizational growth:
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reference ID: sfh-59675
Duration of Contract: 12 Months
- This position will be responsible for the coordination and management of the project activities.
- The successful candidate will be SFH representative to the donors, partner CSOs and government organisations.
- He/She will be responsible for the coordination of Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) activities in Edo and Nasarawa States; as well as development of all activity reports and external communication with donor, national and state-level stakeholders.
The successful candidate will perform the following functions:
- Conduct advocacy to all stakeholders to ensure buy-in, participation and enabling environment for project implementation.
- Manage and maintain good relations with all stakeholders
- Supervise and coordinate the production of project outputs to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost as outlined in the project proposal and result framework documents.
- Mobilise all project inputs in accordance with procedures and project Terms of Reference.
- Supervise, guide and coordinate the work of the project implementation team, all project staff, consultants and activity/sub-project contractors under the project.
- Prepare and revise project work and financial plans.
- Oversee and ensure timely submission of the project inception reports, monthly reports, and final project reports.
- Disseminate project reports and respond to queries from stakeholders.
- Provide project updates to the SMoH, FMoH, SFH Management and ensure the fulfillment of donor directives.
- Conduct regular supervisory visits to all participating stakeholders.
- Provide overall top-level project support in terms of Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) systems strengthening, health financing, management information systems, environmental and health sector policy and strategies, working with the private sector, advocacy and accountability.
Qualifications / Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Water Resources Management, Water Engineering, International Development, Public Administration / Management, or related field of study.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills and a proven track record of interacting with other projects, Federal & State governments.
- Proven track record of developing content and designing information, education and communication materials for WASH interventions
- Demonstrated experience in institutional strengthening, project management, capacity building, service delivery.
- A Master’s degree in a related field of study will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated experience on similar donor-funded projects.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience with successful water and sanitation projects including, water resource management, strategic sector development approaches, institutional capacity strengthening, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), presentation skills
- Knowledge of WASH subjects & Governance structure
- Project Management Skills
- Effective personnel management and coordination skills
- Inter-personal communication
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Must have a continuous drive for learning and knowledge sharing.
- Must possess excellent report writing skills.
- Strategic Planning
- Mentorship abilities
- Advocacy skills
- Must have demonstrated proficiency using intermediate-level office software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets and databases
- Multitask and work with minimal supervision.
Compensation & Benefits
- The compensation package for these positions is very attractive and designed to attract, motivate and retain talented young professionals.
Deadline: 28th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applications will be treated in confidence.
- Interested persons without the minimum requirements need not apply.
- We thank prospective applicants for their interest in working with SFH, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- SFH is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply.