At the Olive Prime Centre, we are committed to providing individuals with a flexible pathway to full recovery. We intend to provide support for our service users where we engage them in various psychological therapies and other complimentary activities which in the long term equips them with a more realistic and flexible form of recovery.
We are seeking suitable candidates to join the team in the position below:
Job Title: Psychologist
Job Roles and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of this include but not limited to:
- Provide psychological assessment and consultation services.
- Diagnose psychological, emotional or behavioral disorders of patients and develop treatment plan.
- Provide therapy to groups and individuals.
- Develop and implement individual treatment plan for different age groups (children inclusive).
- Work with multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses and social workers, psychiatrists and occupational therapists.
- Facilitate diverse group therapeutic sessions.
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior.
- Modify treatment activities or approaches as needed to comply with changes in clients’ status.
- Guide clients in the development of their skills or strategies for dealing with their problems.
- Have an understanding of Bio Psychosocial Approach for assessment and treatment plan for every patient.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.
- Be conversant with different treatment methods like cognitive behavioral therapy, dialectic behavioral therapy, talk therapy, person-centered therapy etc.
- Be conversant with the electronic medical record system for proper documentation of progress notes and treatment plan.
- Evaluate clients’ physical or mental condition based on review of client information.
- Collaborate with other staff members to perform clinical assessments or develop treatment plans.
- Refer patients, clients or family members to community resources or to specialists as necessary.
- Act as client advocates to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Coordinate family-inclusive therapy to assist them in understanding, dealing with or supporting patients.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of counselling programs on clients’ progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Meet with families, probation officers, police or other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Plan, organize or lead structured programs of counselling, work, study, recreation or social activities for clients.
- Plan or conduct programs to prevent substance abuse or improve community health or counselling services.
- Psycho educate client on the importance of medication compliance.
- Learn about new developments in counselling by reading professional literature, attending courses and seminars or establishing and maintain contact with other social services agencies.
- Gather information about community mental health needs or resources that could be used in conjunction with therapy.
- Have an understanding of neuron developmental pathways, how to diagnose, carry out assessments and draw up appropriate treatment plan to meet specific needs.
- Ensure that after discharge client is transferred to a robust aftercare plan for proper follow up and management.
Deadline: 31st July, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title – Location as the subject of the email.