Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL) is a resource and solution management company that specializes in assisting international/Local companies in identifying Potential market opportunities, assisting with permits, sourcing highly skilled employees, bidding on and negotiating contracts and navigating the often complex political and policy environment of many sub Saharan African countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Lagos Island, Nigeria
Job Category: Oil & Gas
Job Type: Contract
Job Shift: Day
Duration: 4 weeks
Job Status: Sourcing
Core Roles & Responsibilities
- Procurement Strategy development and drafting pricing mechanisms.
- Reviews the cost structure and pricing policies and provides clients with job quotes depending on the order, size and completion deadlines.
- Create budgets using contract pricing and review pricing and engineering data with clients.
- Collaborate with Product Development department and technical Design department to outline budget parameters and update budgets with any necessary changes.
- Provide raw material forecasts and cost-analysis to management.
- Oversight of Factory controls over production, inventory management & Cost management.
- Preparation of detailed Bill of Quantities.
- Measurement, extraction of quantities from working drawings and cost analyses.
- Supervising projects and Physical measurement on site.
- Preparation of Interim Valuation for stage payment.
- Preparation of Bill of Materials.
- Measurement of quantities from working drawings.
- Physical Measurement on site.
- Project drawings, B.O.Q., tender submission and material take offs (MTO).
- Coordination of company projects from inception to completion at site.
- Cost Planning.
- Collating Invitation to Tender packages.
- Managing Tender queries / returns and down selection process.
- Negotiation and Award Contracts.
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities, Project Viability appraisal, Material Schedules, Preparation of Preliminary Estimate.
- Bid Preparation.
- Budget Control.
- Client scope Clarification, Verification and Validation.
- Preparation of Claims.
- Evaluation of Sub-Contractor’s Claims.
- Commercial Negotiation with clients and Vendors.
- Appraisal of alternative Cost Solutions on Project.
- Realistic project cost reduction with cognizance to quality of work.
QMS, EMS & OH&S Standards:
- Ensure the quality of their work.
- Operate in conformance with the requirements of the QMS; and
- Stop work in progress to make appropriate notifications when unsafe conditions exist or requirements are not being met.
- Proactive in ensuring the accomplishment of organizational goals along with self-development.
- Willing to take up additional roles and responsibilities as and when required.
- Awareness, understanding and application of EMS and OHS policies on assigned jobs.
- Awareness, understanding and application departmental /process EMS and OHS objectives.
- Awareness on all possible hazards from assigned tasks and risk associated with assigned task and its identification and relevant controls required.
- Awareness on possible Environmental aspect from related activities, how it can impact the environment and relevant controls required.
- Awareness of your contribution to the effectiveness of the EMS and OHS, including the benefits of improved performance and associated opportunities for improvement of the processes assigned.
- Awareness of the implications of not conforming with SECRL EMS and OHS requirements including associated aspects and risks for the process assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Master’s Degree in civil engineering added advantage.
- Must be fully licensed and certified / chartered. Membership / Certification of a professional engineering body (ABET, COREN certified, etc)
- Minimum 10 years of Civil Engineering & 5 years of Road Construction.
Candidate Experience and Knowledge Requirements:
- Well versed in Analysis of survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, and other topographical / geologic data.
- Understanding of Program of Works given and ability to deduce the material quantity requirements for the same.
- Technical capabilities on standards and specifications to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, modifications, or structural repairs.
- Proven history of successful Civil Facilities Construction & Maintenance Quantity Surveys.
- Proven management of materials for construction, operations, or maintenance activities and staff at project site.
- Gender: Does not matter
- Age: 25 – 55 years
- Highest Education: Minimum Education University
- Degree Title: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Experience: Minimum Experience 10 Years
- Other experience: Minimum 10 years of Civil Engineering & 5 years of Road Construction.
- Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
- Being able to work under pressure.
- Phone handling skills
- Customer service
- Excellent written and verbal Communication Skills.
- Organizational Skill
- Strong communication and people relations Polite and courteous, respectful and enthusiast.
- High attention to details.
- Being able to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work late and Saturdays.
- Having interpersonal abilities.
- Good memory for faces and appointments schedule.
Deadline: 11th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online