Tongston Entrepreneurship Group (Tongston) is a leading unique pan-African group connecting entrepreneurship and education to reposition economies to achieve sustainable growth and development through its holding company: Tongston Holdings and its 4 integrated subsidiaries: Tongston College | Tongston Institute | Tongston Ventures | Tongston Media.
Tongston Holdings provides oversight and coordination of all businesses at the group and subsidiary levels, and shared services to the group of companies, partners, clients and investee companies across corporate services, human resources, strategy, business development, stakeholder management, economics & research, legal & governance, IT, finance & treasury.
Tongston is driving a revolution in education through its proprietary entrepreneurial development model delivered in the Tongston entrepreneurial ecosystem operating across the Education Value Chain from primary, to secondary, tertiary and post-tertiary (workplace, government or enterprise) & Entrepreneurship Value Chain from finance (Tongston Ventures) to education (Tongston College and Institute) and media (Tongston Media).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Research and Economics Associate Officer
Location: Abuja (Remote)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Field: Research / Data Collection / Data Entry / Analytics / Economics
Start Date: August 2021
Roles and Responsibilities
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research and consultation on competitors, products, stakeholders, markets, industries, clients etc.
- Researching, analyzing, interpreting, and presenting data related to markets, operations, finance/accounting, economics, customers, and other information
- Analyze habits and data available from the market, stakeholders, competitors and clients; Research market and industry trends and patterns
- Identify and understand problems through forecasting, gap analysis, quantitative reporting, research, and statistical analysis
- Keep up-to-date knowledge of the industry (education and entrepreneurship) and related markets
- Engage stakeholders for key research information
- Develop clear reports and recommendations for organizational use.
- Conduct research on economic issues and disseminate research findings through technical reports or scientific articles in journals.
- Subscribe to and gather information from key news and other research platforms as required; Monitormarket trendsandpolitical, economic and regulatory developments
- Compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques.
- Develop economic guidelines and standards and prepare points of view used in forecasting trends and formulating economic and other policy.
- Study the socioeconomic impacts of new public policies, such as proposed legislation, taxes, services, and regulations.
Product Development and Quality Assurance:
- Lead the development and execution of all quantitative and qualitative market studies on new product development or upgrades, starting with a desk analysis of the market – marketing research and landscape
- Work with the team to prepare effective product / service implementation plans, reviews and monitoring activities
- Identify and provide recommendations to resolve any potential conflicting business requirements, definition gaps, dependencies across product/service implementation
- Analyse, document, and test product development, logic, process flows and specifications
- Maintain accurate, version controlled, documentation over the product development lifecycle, which is readily available to key stakeholders.
Data Collection and Analytics:
- Document, organize and store all data & research as well as data and research procedures
- Collect, process, provide and maintain accurate data on the products and services
- Test processes, policies, and protocols.
- Develop and conduct user surveys and questionnaires; collect; analyse and report valuable data
- Develop monitoring and evaluation frameworks for products and service delivery, continuous improvement and quality assurance
- Provide support to the business development, stakeholder management and strategy; as well as the branding, comms, PR and marketing teams, to coordinate the marketing activities, design and evaluate the marketing campaign.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, IT, Management, Administration, Economics, or Information science.
- Two (2) years experience in an applied research or data management environment; experience in IT, economics, business/systems analysis, quality assurance, or relevant position.
- Ability to use data analytics software (e.g. Python, R) and data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau)
- Monitoring and evaluation experience especially in the education space would be useful.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile/SCRUM methodologies, would be useful.
- Able to manipulate large, complex data sets using a variety of software applications (SPSS, SAS, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite), including the use of relational databases.
- Excellent report writing and data interpretation skills.
- Able to perform statistical analysis.
- Skilled knowledge in generating process documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with technical writing skills.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Experience collecting, interpreting and organizing data.
- Ability to prepare extensive reports and present findings to companies with clear and concise action advice.
- Working knowledge of the target industry and market: education and entrepreneurship.
- Advanced communication and report-writing skills for effective communication.
- Attention to details and a commitment to accuracy.
- Ability to keep sensitive business information confidential.
- Competitive Pay.
Deadline: 30th November, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a series of competency-based tests, interviews and assessment centres.