Growth in Value Alliance (GVA) Partners Limited is a business advisory and market intelligence services firm. Our objectives are to assist organizations to achieve their growth aspirations by providing market intelligence, strategy blueprint, IT solution delivery expertise and business operation improvement capabilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Engineer 2
Location: Victoria island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Full stack web development.
- Gather user requirements, write code using an agile methodology, and continuously update the back-end code of the product.
- Work in an experienced software design team.
- Report directly to lead software engineer.
- Assist with all functions of software coding and design.
- Learn codebase, gather user data and respond to requests from senior software engineers.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly, and capable of working in a team environment.
- A good working knowledge of major programming languages.
- Assisting lead engineer with all aspects of software design and coding.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Gathering information from consumers about program functionality.
- Writing reports.
- Conducting development tests.
- Attending and contributing to software delivery meetings.
- Learning the codebase and improving your coding skills.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Working on software bug fixes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Lead Software Engineer.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Excellent basic knowledge about Information Technology from both a software and hardware perspective.
- Up to 5 years of professional programming experience using Microsoft stack.
- Relevant professional certifications.
Skills / Competencies
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with database technology such as MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle and MongoDB.
- Basic programming experience.
- Ability to implement software security measures (OWASP Top 10).
- Good working knowledge of version control system using gitflow.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to manage codebase on a version control.
- Software testing and debugging.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum project delivery formats.
- Ability to make sound and logical security judgments.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into issues as required.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2021.