Wartsila is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2018, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Purchaser
Location: Lagos, NG
Function: Supply Chain Management
Job Category: Support Functions
- Currently, in our Africa Region we need to fill the gap of Strategic Purchaser to be based in one of our key business locations with the following key responsibilities.
- Drive for long-term benefits on “Total Value of Ownership”.
- Design category-based initiatives and implementation plans in alignment with the stakeholders and Business strategy and support Business to meet its growth objectives.
- Perform stakeholder need analysis, standardize regular and frequent needs, and drive for better demand planning by stakeholders.
- Perform market and trends analyses.
- Partner with the relevant stakeholders to instil cost savings, operational and process improvement practices.
- Negotiate contracts and achieve cost savings from vendors. Strive for world-class procurement, best practices, elevated use of WeBuy, and other IP tools.
- Drive supplier performance and continuous improvement programs.
- Review discrepancies in supplier performance and cost competitiveness.
- Initiate process changes to optimize costs including acquisition from new suppliers and consolidation of spend.
- Manage relationships with stakeholders to become a trusted advisor.
- Lead and implement WeBuy supplier catalog improvements to support further productivity improvement and cost reductions.
- Engage in continual communication and end-user training initiatives to drive the message of compliance.
Strategy and Operational Excellence:
- Identify sourcing needs and implement appropriate strategic sourcing process with relevant stakeholders and independently.
- Lead analysis of the market and competitive conditions and provide input to category manager, IP Regional Manager, and internal stakeholder
- Design and implement tactical action steps to execute strategy on assigned indirect category/sub-category
- Manage supplier base. Leverage spend across sub-region and region if appropriate
- Identify opportunities for consolidation of spend.
- Design and implement strategies to expand the solution footprint to other categories, geographies, and suppliers
- Identify cost and process improvement opportunities
- Coordinate strategic work with category manager and procurement center manager Acts as a key
Supplier Relationship Management:
- Manage sourcing process, content, and results in alignment with the company’s purchasing directives
- Develops world-class supplier relationships to ensure that maximum value is delivered to the business.
- Monitor compliance of purchasing directives, and escalate non-compliance to appropriate
- managers/directors for further guidance and appropriate remedial action
- Perform supplier stability assessment,
- Select, prepare, and execute agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements, SLA’s (Service Level Agreements),
- Data Protection Act, and related documentation.
- Manage and enhance the relationship with Key or selected suppliers in an innovative way to maximize value
- Follow up and analyze supplier performance via Supplier Relationship Management and Vendor
- Management System, implementing the preventive and corrective action plan for low-performance suppliers
- WeBuy Catalog creation, implementation, updating, and improvements, together with WSSC IP OP
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective sourcing strategies for the
- assigned categories to ensure the quality of supply and improved value to the company.
- Build strong rapport with stakeholders and local Key suppliers
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders to ensure understanding and compliance with purchasing directives
- and strategies Control and escalate recurring urgencies with internal stakeholder requests
- Collaborate with Category Managers, IP Regional, and IP Sub Regional Manager, Wartsila Shared Services
- Center (WSSC) Operative purchasing team.
Indirect Purchasing KPIs
Responsible for IP KPIs and PPIs in the assigned category, in collaboration with Wartsila Shared Services Center Indirect Purchasing, such as:
- WeBuy PO Coverage
- Contract coverage
- VMS Supplier Rating
- Payment Days
- Savings Tracker
- PO Coverage (PPI)
- DPA/ECMC coverage (PPI)
- Number of vendors (PPI)
- Define and implement necessary corrective actions as needed
Desired Education and Skills
- Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or equivalent combination of education with relevant experience.
- Knowledge of English compulsory
- Member of a Professional Body
- In-depth knowledge of IP Tools (SAP, WeBuy, PowerBI, and M-Files)
Experience and Ability:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
- Knowledge of best practice within Supply Chain and Purchasing
- Innovative, Self-driven and results oriented
- The ability to deal with senior stakeholders and difficult situations outside one’s comfort zone
- Global outlook and exposure to different challenges, cultures, and ways of working
Deadline: 14th July, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online