Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH), Okitipupa was established by the Ondo State Government in 2008. The University was initially named Ondo State University of Science and Technology (OSUSTECH), Okitipupa. The Ondo State Government changed the name of the University to Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH) in December, 2019.
The University is a technology-based institution which aims at providing the needed manpower training in order to address the critical areas of industrial and technological development of Ondo State and Nigeria as a whole. The Vision of the University is to be a leading internationally recognized institution raising a corpus of technologically competent individuals able to respond to the needs of their environment in a technologically driven economy.
The rapidly growing University currently runs academic programmes in three Schools. These are School of Science, School of Engineering and Engineering Technology and School of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources. The University has a student population of almost 5,000 students and is committed to the enthronement of highest academic and moral standards.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
- The Governing Council of the University is desirous of recruiting a visionary and dynamic individual to be the next Vice-Chancellor of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Principal Academic and Executive Officer of the University. He/she shall be the chief exponent of the educational mission of the University and his/her office shall serve as the nerve centre of activities in area of protocol, external relations and coordination of various internal organs.
- The Vice-Chancellor sees to the day-to-day administration of the University and he/she shall ensure that the goals of the University are met. He/she is responsible to the Governing Council for the management of the human, financial and material resources of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor shall exercise general superintendence over the University and be responsible to Council for maintaining and promoting the efficiency and good order of the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor is by virtue of the office, a member of Council, Chairman of Senate and Chairman of the Congregation.
- The success of the job will depend on the candidate’s ability to lead, motivate and inspire administrative associations, academic and non-academic staff as well as students and all other stakeholders to work towards the central purpose of a University which is to advance learning and enhance talent.
The Candidate: Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor of Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology must be a distinguished scholar with outstanding academic and administrative records. He/she must be a proven manager of human, financial and material resources. Specifically, the person must:
- Possess a Doctorate Degree and be a full Professor of not less than Ten (10) years standing, at the closing date for the submission of this application, with the ability to provide academic and administrative leadership for the University community.
- Posses a proven track record of academic excellence such as to be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities and colleagues;
- Posses a clear vision for the further development of the University and realization of its vision, mission and strategic goals;
- Have a demonstrable ability to establish and maintain partnership with local, national and international governmental and non-governmental agencies and organizations
- Posses a proven and demonstrable ability to attract international research and development grants;
- Exhibit entrepreneurial drive and ability to attract extra-statutory funds and mobilize other resources for the development of the University;
- Possess personal integrity in the management of funds and be able to deploy financial resources as appropriate in the context of the University’s strategic plan;
- Demonstrate ability to attract, motivate and retain highly skilled and talented staff in all categories, teaching and non-teaching;
- Demonstrate interpersonal and team building skills and possess the ability to build bridges between staff, students and other members of the University community and the University’s stakeholders including the State and Local Governments in Ondo State;
- Demonstrate respectable level of ICT literacy;
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health; and
- Must not be older than sixty-five (65) years as at February 23″, 2022.
Tenure of Office / Terms of Appointment
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a term of five (5) years, and shall not be eligible for re-appointment.
- His/her terms and conditions of service shall be embodied in a contract under the seal of the University.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as applicable to the post of Vice-Chancellor in a Nigerian University and as may be determined by the Government of Ondo State and Council of Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology, from time to time.
Deadline: 7th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty-five (35) copies of their Curriculum Vitae, Certificates and other relevant credentials which should contain among other things:
- Name in full (Surname last in block letters);
- Date and Place of Birth;
- State of Origin;
- Permanent Home Address;
- Present Postal Address;
- Marital Status;
- Number and Ages of Children;
- Educational Institutions Attended with Dates and Qualifications with Class of Degree obtained including Membership/Fellowship of Relevant Professional Bodies
- Work Experience including Full details of Former and Present Posts with Dates;
- List of Publications;
- Other Relevant Activities Outside Current Employment;
- Major Professional Achievements, Contributions including Awards Received; and
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees. Each referee must be contacted by the applicant to forward, directly to the Registrar, a confidential report on the candidate’s character, academic and managerial competence, in a properly sealed envelope marked “Referee/Post of Vice-Chancellor” at the top left corner of the envelope.
The application should also include thirty-five (35) copies of the candidate’s Statement of Vision for the University for the next five years and beyond. The statement must not be longer than 5,000 words. In the case of candidates identified by the Search Committee, the candidates shall present a Letter of Consent duly signed by him/her along with the application.
All applications should be forwarded in sealed envelopes containing the application materials under confidential cover, marked “Application for the Post of Vice-Chancellor” at top left-hand corner and addressed to:
Olusegun Agagu University of Science and Technology (OAUSTECH),
P.M.B. 353 Okitipupa,
Ondo State, Nigeria
The submission of the hard copy should be accompanied by full electronic submission of the application and accompanying materials to be mailed as attachment in PDF or MS word format to: email@example.com and copied to: firstname.lastname@example.org The subject matter should read “Application for the post of Vice-Chancellor”.
- Referees should be similarly encouraged to submit signed electronic copies of their references in PDF format to the same address
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.