African Fashion TV is a media committed to promoting the best of African fashion and lifestyle in Africa and around the world, with a major aim and priority of creating a global awareness for Africa fashion, encouraging participation and patronage from Africans first, then individuals and organization all over the world. Creating a fashion accessible environment, one that promotes good flow of communication and rapot between buyers and sellers, and also encourage young and growing fashion talents.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Video Editor
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are recruiting for a talented and experienced Video Editor to join our busy production team.
- You will be the lead Video Editor and you will be responsible for assembling recorded film and video footage, applying artistic editing techniques, and creating finished, broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the vision of the Production Director.
- To ensure success as a Video Editor, you should have expert knowledge of modern video editing techniques, be able to visualize directorial concepts, and work according to a strict time schedule.
- Ultimately, a top-notch Video Editor can perfectly translate a Director’s idea into a beautifully crafted film or video piece, worthy of broadcasting.
- Meet with Directors to determine production vision.
- Review raw material to determine shot list.
- Manipulate film and video footage using modern editing techniques.
- Maintain continuity while moving shots according to scene value.
- Trim footage and putting together the rough project.
- Insert dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects.
- Ensure the project follows a logical sequence.
- Consult with the Director and production team throughout the project.
- Create the final cut for broadcasting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film Studies, Cinematography or related field. Certificate from recognized film academy.
- 1-4 years work experience.
- Work experience as a Video Editor.
- Hands-on experience with editing software, including Adobe.
- Creative and artistic skills.
- Familiarity with 3D composition and special effects.
- Portfolio of completed film productions.
- Ability to work to a tight schedule.
- Ability to translate ideas into complete projects.
N40,000 – N70,000 / month.
Deadline: 13th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only successful applicants shall be contacted.