Lagos Business School is committed to creating and transmitting management and business knowledge based on a Christian conception of the human person and of economic activity relevant to Nigeria and Africa at large. We strive to be a world class business school which will have a significant impact on the practice of management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Payable Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The position holder is responsible for providing financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner.
Essential Duties / Key Job Roles and Responsibilities
They include but are not limited to the following:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Pay vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying tax identification numbers, resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Prepare and process electronic transfers and payments.
- Process cheque requests.
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks, and distribute checks accordingly
- Reconcile accounts payable transactions
- Prepare analysis of accounts.
- Post transactions to journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
- Reconcile vendor statements, research, and correct discrepancies.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, or relevant field.
- Membership of ICAN or any accredited accounting body is an added advantage
- Minimum of three years (3) post NYSC experience in the payable or general accounting unit of a medium or large organization.
- Basic knowledge of taxes and statutory deductions in Nigeria.
- Must be able to do simple analysis and interpretation of financial transactions.
- Demonstrate ability to meet deadlines, determine priorities and organize work to meet objectives, and identify and deal with problems.
- Outstanding attention to detail with an ability to reconcile complex accounts.
- Ability to maintain strong relationships with external parties and internal colleagues.
- Knowledge of accounts payable
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of SAGE
- Proficiency in data entry and management.
- Organizing and prioritizing.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communication skills.
- Information management skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Deadline: 9th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online