IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Analyst, Security Monitoring
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Entry level
- We are currently recruiting for an Analyst, Security Monitoring who will contribute to overall reduction of information security (IS)-related incidents and compliance to statutory / international / organization specific standards by coordinating internal and third-party resources for continuous monitoring and identification of threats to end-user applications, networks, systems, and other access routes to other assets (including prevention/ detection, email/ spam filtering, web filtering etc).
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure intelligent reporting and fine-tuning of Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution, File Integrity Monitor (FIM), Network Access Control (NAC), Database Activity Monitor (DAM), Endpoint Security Solution (Antivirus), Privilege Access/Identity Manger (PAM/PIM), Firewalls and Security Operations Centre (SOC) rules.
- Identify and ensure that sufficient trails are maintained, retained and retrievable for forensic analysis and investigation on security solutions and applications monitored.
- Identify and Implement required logging policies across different layers of systems and across enterprise platforms monitored.
- Identify intelligent alerting to be created on security solutions, based on risk scenarios.
- Implement and manage log retention policy across multiple platform and systems.
- Review logs/ alerts (closed-opened) and reports of all in-place security and infrastructural devices.
- Perform ad-hoc and designated security and compliance reporting.
- Track security alerts and events and log same on ticketing solution.
- Network with other internal organizations to ensure coordination of compliance efforts.
- Participate in the creation and review of enterprise security policies, standards, and baselines.
- Provide support for the monitoring team as well as security incident and events management solution logging requirements and integration.
- Keep abreast of new/revised or improved security solutions, processes and development of new threats and attack vectors.
- Keep abreast of SOX regulatory standards.
- Participate in the deployment of tested security patches and updates.
- Conduct security tool selection, pilot, and implementation.
- Ensure intelligent monitoring and reporting on SOX applications.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve security breaches detected by installed security solutions.
- Make suggestions to implement projects that increase security and ensure the highest quality of service and security monitoring.
- Perform other functions as assigned by the line manager or unit head.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s and / or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or any related discipline.
- +2 years’ relevant experience in Information Security or any Information Risk/Control/Audit role, with at least 1 year in security monitoring and solutions deployment.
- Experienced in monitoring and correlating incidents and events noted from disparate security solutions.
- Knowledge of SOX security monitoring requirements and reporting.
- Demonstrate knowledge in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge with network security and networking technologies as well with systems, security, and network monitoring tools.
- Demonstrate knowledge with web-related technologies (web applications, web services, service-oriented architectures), and network/ web-related protocols.
- Demonstrate knowledge of security monitoring frameworks or standards.
- Understand the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- IT Operations
- Incident Management
- Security Assessments
- Security Monitoring & Reporting
- Log Analysis and Correlation.
- Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- Business Communication
- Security Solutions Deployment
- Vulnerability Lifecycle Management
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Deadline: 18th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Please apply with an updated Resume / CV.