Lumos offers clean and affordable solar power to a market of 1.3 billion potential customers who live off the electricity grid. Lumos enables people to replace hazardous and expensive kerosene generators and lanterns with modern solar electricity that can power lights, cellphones, fans, computers, TVs and other small electronic devices (all at once, every day). By offering Solar Power as a Service, Lumos offers homes and small businesses a simple and affordable way to pay for electricity in small instalments using their mobile phones.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- At Lumos we are looking for highly motivated Assistant Accountants (up to two years prior experience) to strengthen the finance department.
- We are specifically looking for several accountants (with different levels of experience) and that people without working experience, but must have completed NYSC are encouragedto apply. Salary package will differ based on your experience.
- Key words are motivated, team player, resourceful and uncompromising aspiration to develop yourself to a word class finance professional.
As an Assistant Accountant, a typical day might include the following:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, and entering transactions. This will help management to make the right decisions for the business to grow
- Support your colleagues in other departments with necessary financial information
- Preparing and verifying payment instructions
- Checking vendor invoices against goods delivery notes and approval for rendered services
- Reconciling bank balances to ensure effective control over the financial information
- Preparing and checking of sales orders
- Checking and verifying correct movement of stock in the ERP
- Review and ensure Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted correctly from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority (FIRS and LIRS) accordingly.
- Assist with preparing monthly/quarterly financial analysis packets for management
- Assist with financial modeling and support the business by reviewing cost and sales price calculations
- Provide general accounting support
- Help with accounts receivable management
- Provide support for annual budgeting process
- Present data-driven recommendations to the finance team
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Carry out all other duties as delegated by Senior Officer.
You’d be a good fit if you have:
- A B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Knowledge of MS Excel and Accounting software
- ICAN and ACCA certifications is an added advantage
- With 0 – 2 years work experience.
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- High integrity and can keep confidential information
What Working at Lumos Offers
- At Lumos we find it important to develop our staff to be amongst the best people working in the Nigerian Solar Tech Eco-system
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance
- A knowledgeable, high-achieving, experienced and fun team
- Amazing opportunities for career progression
- Health care benefit and Pension.
Deadline: 15th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: As part of the application process, your Excel skills will be tested. The Excel test will include functions such as Vlookup, Sumif, Countif and the use of Pivottables.