Ascentech Services Limited – Our client, a leading flexible Packaging Manufacturer, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Purchase
Location: Sagamu, Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
Industry: FMCG – Flexible Packaging
- Our client is in need of an adept Assistant Manager that will assist and provide support to the Purchase Manager and the department as a whole for the Purchase and procurement of materials and services in a cost-effective and time-bound manner.
- HND / B.Sc. in Mechanical or Material Science or any other related field from a reputed institute
- Minimum of 8 years working experience, preferably from food processing, FMCG, packaging
- Basic knowledge of VAT and WHT
- Critical thinking and Judgment skills
- Presentation skills
- Time management, Integrity and loyalty
- Multi skill and multi-tasking
- Result oriented
- Techno commercial knowledge will be plus
- Good knowledge of materials
- Conversant with packing material, pallets, plywood, LDPE films as well logistics etc.
- Problem Analysis and Problem Solving
- ERP knowledge will be plus
- Sound knowledge about Nigerian market especially wood, pallets,
- Stress management/resilience.
- Should have a good understanding of Purchase procedure (P2P) -including PR, RFQ, Comparative, PO, Invoice processing
- Handling purchase and supply of packing materials i.e., pallets, plywood, LDPE films, bubble films etc.
- Must have a strong and proven supplier base for the packing materials
- Handling sourcing of LDPE, PP materials
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of local and upcountry transporters with a strong network of reliable transports
- Receives PR/Indents from the user, evaluate.
- Follow up on the RFQ and offer collection from the local market
- Obtain Technical closure from respective users
- Prepare Comparative statements, approvals and Purchase orders and service contracts.
- Market survey and intelligence reports
- Perform jobs/tasks assigned by Purchase manager to achieve common goal/objective of the organization
- Monitor pending PO/PR
- Monthly reconciliation of the PR/PO
- Submission of relevant documents i.e. PO, MRN, Invoice to finance.
Deadline: 16th August, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.