IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate Director, Business Solutions (Rural Telephony)
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time · Mid-Senior level
About the Job
- We are currently recruiting for an Associate Director, Business Solutions (Rural Telephony) who will be responsible for leading all business strategy, business and market development activities to drive expansion of Rural Telephony & Fibre Operations business with existing and new partners with key objectives of realizing, maintaining and growing revenue for the company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and deploy growth strategies to deliver incremental purchase volumes and revenues derived from network and infrastructure services and solutions with existing and potential partners/customers.
- Analyse business opportunities to increase volume and market share and implementing both short/long term strategies and tactics to increase profitability.
- Responsible for formulating and executing on business solutions go-to-market approaches across the range of customer solutions for rural telephony.
- Oversee the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence strategy that enables and accelerates data-driven decision making to enable revenue growth opportunities.
- Facilitate the analysis of data and coordinate with decision makers in GICL to ensure that information gathering and analysis support the overall development of business strategies.
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans designed to increase existing business and seek out new business opportunities.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of processes and policies that have significant impact upon the organization. Builds a clear strategic roadmap for GICL services and solution suite, aligned with business needs and leveraging internal and industry trends and innovation.
- Responsible for developing market specific business plans through the provision of appropriate market intelligence and to take responsibility for the implementation of those plans.
- Responsible for translating and implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions to successful and desired outcome.
- Have complete over-sight for company’s revenue assurance functions including, developing strategies to improve accuracy and timeliness of revenue management and work with cross-functional teams in achieving alignment of all financial and revenue related matters.
- Develop and implement revenue recognition policies and revenue generation standards.
- Identifies inefficient business processes and lead efforts to improve them.
- Facilitate sharing of information and best practices across all GICL units.
- Protect and grow GICL product and services market share.
- Ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) compliance by the service providers vendors.
- Coordinate with other departments and externally, as required in order to accomplish above functions, work tasks, and achieve the objectives of the company and the project.
Experience & Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics.
- MBA from a recognized institution will be a preference.
- 15+ years work experience in business development, client management and/or channel management experience in telecommunications preferred.
- Hands-on experience successfully supporting the evaluation, negotiation, and closing a variety of large and complex partnership transactions.
- Demonstrated sales performance track record, driving results with ability to lead and operate effectively within cross-functional teams and in matrix environments.
- Demonstrated experience in selling complex solutions or B2B product consulting.
- Proven leadership skills to motivate team members and engagement.
- Product management subject matter expert with experience in developing and deploying go-to-market strategy for network as a service is a plus.
- Experience with working for mobile network operators and OEMs will be an advantage.
- Be Bold
- Customer Focus
- Business Process management
- Business Intelligence
- P&L Management
- Customer Management and Consultative Sales approach
- Revenue Assurance
- Reporting and Documentation
- Service delivery execution
- Customer and Market Insight
- Interpersonal Skills
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial mindset
- Creative and Innovation
- Result Oriented & Attention to Detail
- Strategy Formulation
- Relationship Building & Networking
- Leading & Supervising
- Adapting & Responding to Change
- Communicator and Collaborator
Deadline: 19th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online