Beacongate Limited – We provide Human Resources Services, Coaching, Personality Profiling among others. Our Services We are a business solutions provider outfit for SMEs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Audit and Compliance Manager
Location: Ebute-Meta, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are recruiting for one of our clients to fill the position of Internal Audit and Compliance Manager who will provide independent, objective assurance information designed to add value and improve the company’s operations.
- The successful candidate will help the organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. He/She will serve as a role model for compliant behaviour consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of compliance and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Manage operational processes by following productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems, and identifying work process improvements.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the system of internal controls and recommend improvements in control.
- Be responsible for planning, designing, implementing, and maintaining compliance and audit programs, policies, and procedures that promote a corporate culture that fosters ethical and compliant behaviour and provides the basis for ensuring adequate internal controls and compliance with all laws and regulatory requirements applicable to each department.
- Provide effective leadership, advice, and counsel to the Board and senior management with information, appraisals, recommendations, and counsel regarding the activities examined and other significant issues.
- Control the full audit cycle including risk management and process management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability, and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations and sound business practices.
- Conduct follow-up audits to monitor management’s interventions Support external auditors by coordinating information requirements.
- Prepare and present the informative audit reports to effectively communicate the findings and recommendations to each department and senior management.
- Review complaints, concerns, or questions relative to compliance issues and provide consultative leadership and support to all entities as appropriate.
- Investigate reported occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, etc.
- Coordinate and execute HSE inspection and sub-contractor audits.
- Coordinate vendor registration and ensure vendor performance is evaluated periodically.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality, and goal achievement.
- Review operations/projects to ascertain whether results are consistent with established objectives and whether the operations/projects are being carried out as planned. Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation and recommend proper safeguards.
- Sign off all Service Level Agreement (SLAs)/Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of all new businesses while ensuring that all existing Contractors maintain SOPs and SLAs; also ensure emerging issues with regards to SLAs/SOPs are considered and acted upon in a timely and professional manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management, or a related field.
- Brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- 4 – 6 years of proven experience in a compliance officer role.
- Must have Banking experience
- Good knowledge of legal requirements and procedures.
Deadline: 31st August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.