Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Behaviour Change & Communication Officer
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Programmes – FSL
Experience Level: Mid Level
Proposed Start date: September 2021
Direct Line Manager: Social Protection Programme Manager
Company Overview / Job Description
- Action Against Hunger (Action Contre la Faim – ACF) began operations in Nigeria in 2010 in response to the high rate of chronic malnutrition in Northern Nigeria, focusing on integrated programming and looking at the Nutrition for children, pregnant and lactating mothers. In 2011, we expanded our work to begin implementing nutrition development projects in Jigawa and Yobe. Following the crises in Northeast Nigeria, we further expanded our operations in Borno State in 2014 in response to the crisis to address the Nutrition, Health, Food security & livelihoods, WASH, and shelter needs of conflict-affected communities. We are operational in 11 Local Government Areas of Borno, 12 in Yobe, and 3 in Jigawa.
- The mission has over 600 staff including over 40 international employees. There are four base offices: Damaturu, Maiduguri, Monguno, and Dutse, and three sub-bases including Potiskum, Bade, and Damasak.
- Action Against Hunger Nigeria Mission is looking for a Behaviour Change & Communication Officer who will be responsible for coordinating the behaviour change component and activities of the Jigawa Maternal and Child Cash Grant programme and linking beneficiaries to the Community Masaki Nutrition Initiatives.
- Apply the common Behaviour Change communication strategy, guidelines and tools used by government of Nigeria/Jigawa State/the Project for training, implementation and in support of M&E.
- Support to ensure that agreed technical guidelines and specifications for the implementation of all Social Behaviour Change communication and Training interventions are followed in the course of project execution.
- Contribute in the development of work plans for the implementation of all project activities in collaboration and coordination with other team members; under supervision and guidance of the SPPM.
- Contribute to documenting experiences, preparing reports, presentations, briefs and articles for publication.
- Contribute to the Development of Monthly Technical Monthly and Quarterly Report.
- Support the Coordination of CDGP’s action with other stakeholders working in the intervention area.
- Support capacity building of AHH partners in the area of intervention and the community.
- Produce reports, briefing papers and presentations for internal and external audiences, as directed as well as review and develop data tools.
- Represent and act as a spokesperson for Action Against Hunger (Expanding Social Protection for Inclusive Development) on SBCC various policy forums and advocacy opportunities at national and international levels, as directed.
- Degree in Social Science or Psychology.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible, culturally sensitive.
- Human resource management experience, leadership and motivation/training skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ relevant professional experience with Social Behaviour Change Programming.
- Fluent in English and Hausa.
- Deep understanding of the guiding principles of SBCC and Adult Training strategies.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail, and time management.
- Strong capacity to represent Action Against Hunger and sustain relations with state and local stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills (team management, communication, reporting, autonomy, pedagogy, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience in working with Social Protection, Cash Transfers, Health, Community Development and WASH programming.
Minimum Basic Salary & Other Benefits
- NGN260,244 per month (excluding other benefits).
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, paid leave per year, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Deadline: 25th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encourage to apply.